Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide from Search Results

Hi all,

I am trying to hide products from the search results but using the search options results in either all or no products being returned.

I have a mixture of propducts that have components and choices and some items that don't have components. I want to hide the main product that has components but only show the components in the results. I have set the search options to index Extended Product Info and Products but not Index Duplicates.

The Extended Info pages are used to add the item to the cart and every item has one of these pages. I have set the main product with components not to generate a pop up page but it still appears in the results list and links to the pop-up page of that item.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Gilbo

Hi,

I want to hide the main product that has components but only show the components in the results.
    I would have to say that this can't be done as it would require quite a large perl script change .

but it still appears in the results list and links to the pop-up page of that item
    Actinic does not do that by default. It should always go to the main product page. Have you made any changes to make this happen, for example as per post #22 in this thread?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I have used change as per #22. I just want the customer to go to the product when searching than to go through another layer.

would it be possible to use Block If and filter out those products that have components?

Gilbo

Comment

I have used change as per #22. I just want the customer to go to the product when searching than to go through another layer.
        That script change means that it happens for all products so everyone would have to have an extended info page enabled.

would it be possible to use Block If and filter out those products that have components?
        I'm afraid not as it would require changes to the perl script. Having said that, I don't know if this knowledgebase article would help.
        Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 03:39 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, yes it needs to apply to all parts and they all have an extended info page.

I will try the 'exclusion' script and let you know. At the moment there is not a common element to those parts I want to hide apart from them having components. Loosks like I might have to change the part nos for those I don;t want to appear.

Gilbo

Comment

Well, it didn't work at all. As I already have items that end in an x and don;t want to ignore those I tried using xxx but these are still found using post #22 in that thread.

I'm now at a loss with this...surely something fot the wish list as why would you want to be able to show the 'master' products of the choices?

Gilbo

Comment

As #22 doen;t seem to work how about I try prefixing the parts I donlt want to display with something like zzz ?

Would this mean just changing the the patch from:

if ( $$rarrResults[$nCount] !~ /xxx$/ )

to

if ( $$rarrResults[$nCount] !~ /^xxx/ )

is that right?

Comment

Working...
              X