Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing User Input field at checkout

Hello!

Can anyone give me a clue how I can increase the user input field at the checkout? I have the 3 fields, one is a drop down for where did you find us, one an event data and the other a notes field. Ideally I would like the notes field to be about 4 lines, not just one. I'd also really like a 4th field, but havent the foggiest how to do either!

Any help would be fab thanks!
    Last edited by KarenMG; 19-Feb-2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: Spelling!

I presume you're talking about the General User Defined 3 layout on Checkout Page 2 - it would have helped if you'd been specific.

Try changing
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="GENERALUSERDEFINED" size="40" maxlength="255" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="GeneralUserDefined"/>" />
    to
    Code:
    <textarea name="GENERALUSERDEFINED" rows="4" cols="40">
    <Actinic:Variable Name="GeneralUserDefined"/>
    </textarea>
    I'm sure this is already on the Community and a bit of searching would have found it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You will need to convert the field to a 'textarea', you can specify the number of rows on these. As for a 4th input, you will need to look at using an existing field that is not being used and rename it I expect. Design|Text is often the best place to see what's available.

Unless you ask the question on the product itself and use the product prompt instead.

Comment

Sorry - I have actually spent all morning searching through the community, and the knowledge base to see if I could find what I was after, but as you rightly point out I wasn't using the correct terminology so could only find about enlarging the box on products.

Thank you for the answer, it seems to have done the trick.

Comment

Working...
        X