Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment / Section Layout Issue

Hi,

I have a couple of pages where I have amended the layout so that fragments are shown above sections. I have changed the following within the layout:

Bottom sub section list layout = Standard sub section list
    Top sub section list layout = No layout

This works fine, except that when you move the mouse cursor over the sections all the text within the general tab of ecah section becomes underlined. This gives the false impression that you can click on the text.

If you move the mouse over the section heading the cursor changes and as normal you can click to move into that section. I am using an executive layout, it is not a major problem just one that is confusing to users and slightly irritating to me!

Andy ideas ?

many thanks

URL Please?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

There will almost certainly be a coding error, probably an unclosed <a> tag somewhere.

Comment

Hello,

Two example pages are:

http://www.kcm-catering-equipment.co...ar_System.html

http://www.kcm-catering-equipment.co...d_storage.html

thanks

Comment

I can't find a missing </a> tag and the issue just seems to be in IE.

However:

Code:
          <b><a target="_self" href="Craven_Firmashelf_5000_Shelving_solutions.html">Craven Firmashelf 5000 Shelving solutions</a></b><br/> A modular storage system, producing an unrivalled choice of static or mobile units, in an extensive range of sizes and
          I think if the bold <br/> above was a <p> it may straighten things out

Although I've been known to be wrong before.

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

I can't see it either. The site has more tables than my local restaurant though, so it is very hard to debug.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              I can't see it either. The site has more tables than my local restaurant though, so it is very hard to debug.
              LMAO, is it a Chinese?

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Thanks for your replies - I will have a go changing that in the morning.

As for the number of tables.... forgive my ignorance I have just let Actinc get on with its thing - is it detrimental to the website performance? And if so is it something Actinic creates that is part of the Exectutive layout or is it somthing that I in some way have influenced?

Comment

I have experimented with the suggestion, however it has not made any difference. I have had one idea, but am not sure how to test it.

As it only happens when the sections are displayed below the fragment could it be caused the the underlining of the breadcrumb links at the bottom of the page - these also underline with mouseover? Perhaps with the sections displayed at the bottom there is not a break between the two. When displayed in this order the grey divider line is also not present under the section list.

thanks

Comment

<A NAME="sectionbottom">

This appears before your horizontal divider on this page http://www.kcm-catering-equipment.co...d_storage.html

It is, undoubtably, what is causing the underline in IE
                    find it where it lies and change it to <A NAME="sectionbottom"/> and it should fix the problem

(chances are the "sectionbottom" bit could be a variable but in the <A NAME> tag, add a / in before the closing > Hope that makes sense!)
                    Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for the idea, I have changed the code - it does not however appear to make a difference (in the preview page previous at least). The section I changed was :

<A NAME="sectionbottom">
                      <DIV ALIGN="RIGHT">
                      <actinic:BLOCK if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SingleAddToCartButtonIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionHasVisibleProduct%22%20%2f%3e" >
                      <actinic:variable name="SingleAddToCartButton" />
                      </actinic:block>
                      </DIV>

is this the correct bit?

thanks

Comment

possibly..hard to tell with just that small fragment of code

you changed it to <A NAME="sectionbottom"/> and it didn't help?
                        Try changing it to <A NAME="sectionbottom"></a> and see if that does instead (although it's the same thing really!)
                        Tracey

Comment

Hey Tracey

Are you taking about just above the long thin line that above the Craven Firmashelf 5000 Shelving solutions heading/link? I'm already seeing that as:

Code:
                          <a name="sectionbottom"/>
                          Am I looking in the wrong place?

Army Gore-tex
                          Winter Climbing Mitts
                          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

your a genius.....

that seems to have done the trick, i will upload and see if its the same live later.

thanks all for your help.

Comment

Working...
                            X