Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unregistering a Dreamweave design

Hi

I built a dreamweaver based design called test.html and registered this for a site. I had problems with it and decided to start again with another Dreamweaver page woi7.html which was also registered for the site. This was fine and is used throughout.

I have deleted the original test.html page from my system and now when I export a snapshot, Actinic (v8) complains that is can't find test.html.

(File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\woi-new\test.html was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.
    Warnings
    This site includes files that are outside the Actinic installation directory.
    On importing the site these files will be delivered to a temporary location within the Actinic installation directory.
    Manual intervention will be required to restore the site after import.

It isn't used on any of the pages and I can't find a way to delete it - does anyone know how to remove an obsolete Dreamweaver layout?

Thanks

Ron

Not in the design library? I suspect it still is and that is where you need to remove it from.

Comment

When I did this I didn't no how to fix it. The way I did fix it in the end was by taking a backup of the Actinic database (ActinicCatalog.mdb from the Site1 folder), opening the database in Microsoft Access, opening the DesignObjects table, and looking through it until I found the reference to the old .html file, simply removed the reference of that file and Actinic never complained again.

Though in the end I dumped that Actinic package and started from scratch, so no idea if this works with a fully developed site integrated with all the site data, orders - or if it uploads/snapshots OK.

Use at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
        When I did this I didn't no how to fix it. The way I did fix it in the end was by taking a backup of the Actinic database (ActinicCatalog.mdb from the Site1 folder), opening the database in Microsoft Access, opening the DesignObjects table, and looking through it until I found the reference to the old .html file, simply removed the reference of that file and Actinic never complained again.

Though in the end I dumped that Actinic package and started from scratch, so no idea if this works with a fully developed site integrated with all the site data, orders - or if it uploads/snapshots OK.

Use at your own risk
        or create a blank test.html file and drop it into the site1 folder

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
          or create a blank test.html file and drop it into the site1 folder
          Lol - There's no better way than my way to cut a short story long eh.

Comment

Thanks

I went through all the layouts in the Design Library and found it!

I had tried the idea of tricking Actinic with a blank file "test.html" and that cleared the warning when I respecified the path to it. I was also going to play with the underlying Access database. In the end I had another look through the design library and found the obsolete layout under "Web Page Outer Layout" and was able to delete it.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers
            Ron

Comment

Working...
            X