Protx failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protx failure

One of our sites sometimes has problems 'bouncing' over to Protx. Customers report that the page prior to Protx just stays the same and then times out eventually. There does not appear to be a particular pattern to it in terms of time of day, and naturally, when I or the client test it, it's fine. None of my other Actinic/Protx sites have this problem. Just curious if anyone else has had issues with the bounce to Protx timing out.
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

PROTX bounce page problems.

Hi Richard.
    The answer is no, not from the Actinic site to PROTX, but we did have a problem with the return bounce from PROTX back to the Actinic site timing out due to a slow server response.
    Is the site in question on a shared or a dedicated server? I wonder if it's times when your site's server is especially busy?
    Slow server response turned out to be the problem for us, a a change of host for the website cured the problem completely so I wonder if it's something similar as the bounce usually works OK or not at all.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

It's my own VPS server. We have other Actinic sites on it without any problems.
      Richard Gosler
      Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
      Dorset, UK

Comment

In that case I can't think of any obvious reason, unless the problem lies with PROTX, but we use PROTX and have not had any similar problems as far as I'm aware. I assume you have looked at the page in the design tab to se if it throws up an coding errors, that the only other thing I can think of as it certainly doesn't sound like a server problem form what you have said.
        Strange it should just be one site.
        Sorry I can't be of more help.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X