X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side bar problems....

Hi,

Hope someone can advise.....

Im trying to do 2 things in smart theme.

1. i want to add a new side bar with phone number details just under the cart details on the right..
    ive added a new layout in the library layouts under the custom sidebar drop down called "rightbox2"
    Then ive gone to the design tree and under the smart right sidebar tried to add the "rightbox2" layout, but it wont find when i look in the "add new layout" it or wont add it if i try to type it manually, what am i missing ?

2. I want to move the "best sellers" list to the right hand side, but when i try to add it, its not in the box like it is on the left. its just the text and not in a box at all. any ideas ?
    Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

Hi,

1. i want to add a new side bar with phone number details just under the cart details on the right..
    ive added a new layout in the library layouts under the custom sidebar drop down called "rightbox2"
    Then ive gone to the design tree and under the smart right sidebar tried to add the "rightbox2" layout, but it wont find when i look in the "add new layout" it or wont add it if i try to type it manually, what am i missing ?
    First of all, check in your new layout has been added to the 'Layouts offered by this selector' box for the 'CustomSidebarBox' selector (pink circle icon) in the 'Library' (Layouts tab | Custom Sidebar Boxes group). If not add it in.

Then on the 'Works Best with Smart' layout go to where you want the new box to appear and type in 'CustomSidebarBox' (select if from the list that appears when you start typing it in). Right-click on the variable and select 'Edit Appearance' and set your new layout in the 'Use Fixed Layout()' field. Click 'OK' and your new box should appear.

2. I want to move the "best sellers" list to the right hand side, but when i try to add it, its not in the box like it is on the left. its just the text and not in a box at all. any ideas ?
    The easiest way to do this is to go to the 'Smart Left Sidebar' layout and cut the variable for the Best Sellers list (default is 'Sidebar Best Sellers List in a Box') and paste it in the 'Smart Right Sidebar' layout.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

""Quote:

The easiest way to do this is to go to the 'Smart Left Sidebar' layout and cut the variable for the Best Sellers list (default is 'Sidebar Best Sellers List in a Box') and paste it in the 'Smart Right Sidebar' layout. ""

I am having a similar problem, but wanting to place the Best Sellers and New Products in the left SideBar, currently in the right sidebar. I have found the Right Sidebar code in the layout, but haven't been able to find the Left Sidebar code to paste it. I am using V11, Fresh Theme.
      I have set the Site Options / Design Wizard to One Sidebar and both to the Left Sidebar, but this setting makes no difference???
      Check it out at http://www.cartridgesonline.co.za/ac...est/index.html
      Adrian Boshoff
      http://www.servatech.co.za

Comment

Working...
      X