Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LINK] & Links tab not working

Hi I'm using v8.5.2

I have a flat file of approx 4000 products. The import is successful without any errors reported. About a quarter of the products make use of the Links tab. I've followed the instructions in the help file to assign Link Type = 0, Is Linked = 1, Link Text = Click here for more info & Linked Item ID = /acatalog/thepage.html.

All these details appear in the Links tab and the Advanced Link checkbox is ticked.

[LINK] is in the Full Description box on the General tab but the link is not showing. Instead the [LINK] phrase is showing in the HTML preview.

I can get the link to work if I make a change to any field on the Links tab so that the Apply Changes button becomes active to click.

Any one else had this and come up with a solution?

Regards,

I'm having exactly the same problem as this in v903 after doing a successful large import.

The page only shows [LINK] unless I make any change that needs applying. After that it works fine. I can't go into thousands of products to do this.

I've checked in the database and there is no visible difference that I can see between a working product (after Applying) and a non-working product.

Any help with this would be very appreciated.

(Compacting dosn't help)

Comment

perhaps this problem is unique to Duncans

Comment

This problem existed in V8, i experienced and started a long thread on the subject because it annoyed me so much, particularly as it is their standard functionality. Actinic did provide a solution, sadly it was too late for me as i had been through and done the pretend change and apply fix. There is definitely a solution in the forum though. I have 207 or 217 in my memory as how many problems I had in this area, that might be a good search term for starters cos i'm sure I was mentioned.

Comment

CHeers Lee - I'll have a dig. It's a real pain this. I've spent the last four days solid sorting out a v7 to v9 product migration to end up with this. Not happy.

Comment

Found it Lee - thanks:

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...6&postcount=11
            Obvious when you think about it but don't understand why it sorts it's self out if you Apply the description.

Comment

Full Description not updating as expected

Hi,

We too are having problems getting the Full Description field to update to use the [ProductLinkInfo] variable.

If we manually go into a record and enter the code click the apply changes button all is good and the link works perfectly when testing in the browser.

However, we have 5,000 products to update so we have used a MS Access update query to insert the code into every product in the Acatalog.mdb. What we are finding when testing records in the browser is that the link url is incorrect and appears as:

http://www.website.com/acatalog/[ProductLinkInfo]

i.e. where the page name should appear we get [ProductLinkInfo].

If we then go into any of these records through Actinic and make any change that requires the apply changes button to be clicked then the url works fine.
              It seems that when the apply changes button is clicked Actinic is running further hidden processes that update the record. Although looking at the product table in the acatalog.mdb I am unable to find anything different.

Can anyone shed any light on this as I have spent the best part of two days trying to find a solution to what is becoming a very frustrating problem?

Comment

Full Description not updating as expected

For anyone who is interested Chris at support helped with the solution to this problem.

[ProductLinkInfo] is a user-friendly representation only. In the Actinic DB it be stored as <Actinic:Variable Name = 'ProductLinkInfo'/>

amending our code to <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name = 'ProductLinkInfo'/>">... more details</a> did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                X