How do I find actinicorder.pm in V8.52 Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find actinicorder.pm in V8.52 Business

I've researched a question I had and found some resources. I am trying to find Actinicorder.pm in my sofware. Used to be easy with templates but now I can't locate this file...

Where is it??
    Regards!
    Annette

It will be in your site folder.
    (Usually under your Documents > Actinic V8 > Sites )
    Tracey

Comment

another tip, btw. You may want to set your computer to 'show file extensions' (if it doesn't already) if you're unsure which file you're looking for.
      That way, sorting by filetype in explorer, will make the .pm files group together and a lot easier to locate.
      Tracey

Comment

Tracey,
        Thanks. Now if I change something in this file and then upload Actinic, will it take effect??
        Regards!
        Annette

Comment

before you change anything take a backup copy and put it somewhere safe.

then make changes, and upload.

Test it very carefully to make sure it works. There is nothing worse than breaking your site by making changes to pl files and loosing sales because you didn't test it enough

Comment

Jo and Tracey
            Here is what I researched. When setting up user accounts, I want my
            wholesale customers to have a Minimum purchase limit, not a maximum purchase limit (the more they buy the better!)

So I've been looking on this community for folks who've wanted that also. One of the answers was to change a line in the atinicorder.pm
            Where is says $nbuyerlimit<$nTotal change that to $nbuyerlimit>$nTotal
            Then update under Design|Text :-phase -1 ID 2348

What do you think??
            Regards!
            Annette

Comment

Jo and Tracey were answering your original "how do I find actinicorder.pm" question.

They're unfortunately not Perl experts so the best way is to try it and see.

And have the backup file ready to restore from if things go wrong.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

yes exactly, the only time i do perl is to apply a well tested fix provided by someone else.

I only replied to the OP as it was asking where do i find xxx.pl - i added the usual claveat re backup and testing

Comment

I get a bit irked when people leverage the fact that we answer one question and then assume we'll answer all and any that follow.

Especially so when we're also expected to be mind readers:

"One of the answers" - Which post out of 200,000?

"change a line in ActinicOrder.pm" - Which line out of 10,000?

"Then update under Design|Text" - What to?

Comment

Here is the link to the "One of the Answers" http://community.actinic.com/showthr...referrerid=198
                    The "change a line in Actinicorder.pm and update Design|Text" is also in this thread.
                    What do you think?
                    Regards!
                    Annette

Comment

Seems to make sense. Could not comment further without actually making the changes, creating some accounts, uploading then trying it out.

I hope that you don't expect any of us to go to that much effort when you could simply do this yourself and see what happens.

Comment

Norman,
                        I don't expect anything, from anyone.

After Tracey answered my question as to how I find actinicorder.pm,
                        I was basically thinking outloud. Tracey and Jo were very gracious and were just telling me what they thought. Which was fine with me. I was very appreciative of their thoughts as they didn't have to reply at all. It was a very civil, friendly discussion really.

Then you came in and pretty much slapped them both on the wrist, then scolded me for your assumption that I would expect you to do something for me.

I appreciate the thoughts and comments of all the folks here. When I run into a problem this is the first place I come. I don't expect anyone to do anything for me.

Maybe you had a bad day.
                        Regards!
                        Annette

Comment

Annette

Then you came in and pretty much slapped them both on the wrist
                          No way was I chiding Tracey or Jo. I was pointing out to you that you asking them to help you was not going to be productive. Others might not bother to join in as you were directing questions at them in particular.

I was basically thinking outloud.
                          #4 - will it take effect??
                          #6 - What do you think??
                          #10 - What do you think?

Seem like questions being asked and requiring an answer don't they.

Maybe you had a bad day.
                          Made considerably more difficult trying to answer technical questions when no useful information is given (see my #9).

Comment

No way was I chiding Tracey or Jo. I was pointing out to you that you asking them to help you was not going to be productive.
                            thats how i read it.

thats the thing with forum regulars, we know how others are. If i got told off by Norman i'd know i'd done something wrong i'd go hide under a chair for a few days.

i jumped in with advice re backups/testing as the initial OP sounded abit wooly, i could see the potential for it all to go very wrong.

As many peeps know i don't do perl, js, php or sql.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                              thats the thing with forum regulars, we know how others are. If i got told off by Norman i'd know i'd done something wrong i'd go hide under a chair for a few days.
                              indeed!!
                              I certainly didn't feel 'chided'
                              There are a couple of perl experts here (of which I am NOT one!) but even they would have to test something to see if it worked.
                              You won't find anyone to test it for you when you could just as easily do it yourself.
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X