Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manufacturer Search

Hello,

On our website, www.gentlemans-shop.com we have a "Manufacturer Search" facility. Product brand names are automatically generated when we complete the Properties tab on each product page.

We now have brands showing up in our search which we no longer stock, despite removing all the products for that brand, the brand name does not disappear from the search drop down menu.

Does anyone know where I can manually delete these unused brand names?

We are using Business Plus version 9.03

many thanks,
    Charlotte Johnston.
    Robert Johnston
    www.gentlemans-shop.com

Does a website refresh get rid of the issue? Is it old pages off the site being accessed that need purging from the server?

Comment

I know that won't answer your question but did you use an Actinic template to design your site as I can't find a similar template name on Catalogue V9...

Thanks
      www.grafea.co.uk
      Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
      Designer leather bags
      --------------------------
      Yanni Kioupouroglou

Comment

Originally posted by Yanni View Post
        I know that won't answer your question but did you use an Actinic template to design your site as I can't find a similar template name on Catalogue V9...

Thanks
        Thank you for your reply.

Our site was custom built by www.randomriver.net.

Regards, Robert
        Robert Johnston
        www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

You probably need to go into Design - Library - Variables and find the appropriate variable. Open the variable and go to the values Tab you can then remove the manufacturer as choice.
          Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
            You probably need to go into Design - Library - Variables and find the appropriate variable. Open the variable and go to the values Tab you can then remove the manufacturer as choice.
            If we remove the whole manufacturer choice won't this disable the whole manufacturer choice function?

We just need to remove the manufacturers no longer stocked.

Regards, Robert
            Robert Johnston
            www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

Jethro is not suggesting you delete the variable but look in the values tab of the variable and see if all of the different brands are listed. If they are listed there he is suggesting you can delete the particular brand you no longer require while leaving the others in the list.

you can then remove the manufacturer as choice
              In the above statement he wasn't referring to the whole manufacturer list just the one entry
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Why don't you call chris at random river and ask him as he built it.

Comment

Working...
                X