No announcement yet.

V9.0.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the very slow printing times and missing subject headers in the one click completion emails going to be addressed? Also the one click emails that are supposed to be sent immediately but actually require you to go into operations and send the emails?

Comment

Here you go Aby in case you missed them :

* A issue that caused Actinic to hang during upload
      * Issues causing crashes on upload and dmp errors
      * Images are deleted when the site is updated
      * The same invoice number is used for two different invoices
      * % of items shown as shipped is not correct
      * Cannot take payment for some back-orders when using Actinic Payments
      * Orders that are fully shipped are not completing
      * Selectors have incorrect range values
      * Crash when adding a php based condition to the library
      * Orders do not decrypt after changing User Type in Business Plus / Enterprise
      * Unselected optional components added to cart

These are the errors guaranteed to be fixed in 9.0.4.
      Any not mentioned would not be guaranteed to be fixed, otherwise they'd be in the guaranteed list right?

Comment

I'm not sure the fix is guaranteed Lee, just that Actinic are working on a fix.

It is nice to hear about V9.0.4 because it's sorely needed and is taking it's time to get here. The thing for me is that the list of stuff being addressed looks highly selective and misses some important ones such as:

- Performance issues,
        - MOTO form problems
        - Problems with order changes.

Does this mean they're not being fixed? or is it just that Ben doesn't think they're worth listing? or maybe he doesn't want to officially acknowledge them? Either way they do need to be fixed.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
          While the final list for the release is still to be confirmed I would like to share with you a number of issues that will definitely be included.
          Pretty conclusive I'd say?

The list is those they commit and guarantee to fix, there will be others I suspect, but they do not want to commit at this stage in case something stops that process. I am struggling to see what is so hard to understand here. They simply cannot commit to something they are not 100% sure they will do, they would get linched.

Promise less, deliver more and in the meantime find out which issues people are going to kick off about - what a great formula and very clever.

Comment

Is this the return to short sharp updates rather than big 6 monthly jobs which tend to break things. If we can get rid of things like protx script changes then they will be painless.

Comment

im glad something is being fixed, although i still feel bugs should be fixed and new features left for another day.

New features are version related IMHO, i want loads of stuff finished, Actinic see these are new features i see them as completing the job they started.

Either way im done with v9 and have no reason to mess around with upgrades unless the bugs effect me, luckily they dont at present, well nothing i cant work around.

Comment

Doh! I was hoping Benjamin would come back and say yes we are addressing the printing times and one click errors, Im getting sick of the slow printing times in 9.03 and the silly emails with no subject headers! oh well gona have to wait until 9.05 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aby View Post
                  the silly emails with no subject headers! oh well gona have to wait until 9.05 lol
                  in your dreams, i report this bug back in V8

Comment

3rd man? I have it on VHS.

Fix the bugs that plague duplicates.

Fix the shipping so that it integrates with UK service providers and can work out pricing based on postcode.

Pwitty Pweese

Comment

I would have thought that a 9.0.4 release was a bug fix release.

Surely the principle, when applying enhancements and new functionality, would be to go to 9.1.0 or even 9.5.0?? Perhaps I've misunderstood.

Actinic must have something really special planned for 9.1.0!!
                      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                      Based in rural Northants

Comment

I would of been more appreciative if Actinic did develop these extra features (especially those that don't benefit everyone: eg. AP features) and left them aside as extra installation packs. Fixing the basic software would of made everyone happy and would also help make tech supports life easier with the volume of issues v9 has created.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                          The list is those they commit and guarantee to fix
                          Is this a similar list to v9.0.3 which left members of the community with no images on their websites after uploading

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                            Is this a similar list to v9.0.3 which left members of the community with no images on their websites after uploading
                            LOL, that still happens, so i'm hoping that gets fixed too as per point 3. Images schmimages.

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                              I'm not sure the fix is guaranteed Lee, just that Actinic are working on a fix.

Snip

Does this mean they're not being fixed? or is it just that Ben doesn't think they're worth listing? or maybe he doesn't want to officially acknowledge them? Either way they do need to be fixed.
                              Hi Mike,

The published list are areas we have committed to resolving. Now, the usual caveats apply but with a decent alpha and beta phase we really hope to get them ironed out.

Personally I am not a big fan of huge maintenance releases, especially when tinkering with core functionality. I would much rather get the stated issues resolved (potentially with a couple more), tested and proven.

I am very aware of the issues you listed, certainly not pretending they don't exist.

As my Latin teacher once told me "unus dies procul a vicis".
                              Benjamin Dyer
                              CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                                OMG, communication from the towers, woot at the new modern methods. Communication seems to have changed a lot since you joined Ben, not sure if it is down to you or just coincidence, but whatever it is, keep it up, excellent stuff.
                                Thanks Lee, we are trying:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...458#post267458
                                Benjamin Dyer
                                CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Working...
                                X