help activating shopping cart please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help activating shopping cart please?

I'm new to actinic and have just finished creating a new site and want to make it live. I've clicked 'allow orders' and now an 'add to shopping cart' button is at the very bottom of each product page.

Two issues:
    1. when that 'add to shopping cart' button is clicked i get an error message: 'No products have been added to the shopping cart. Please enter the quantity of each product being ordered before pressing the 'Add to cart' button'. But there is nowhere to specift the quantity so I'm rather confused!

2. how can i change the location of the 'add to shopping cart' button? It would be preferable to have it alongside the product image for ease of purchase.

i'd really appreciate some help with these queries, many thanks
    Jo

Welcome, Jo.

If the Site is live then showing us the URL of a problem page will help immensely.

It looks like you've chosen the Single Add To Cart per page layout - this sets each product at 0 quantity and the customer will have to choose at least one of something before clicking the Add Selection To Cart.

If you want an add-to-cart button per product, then deselect the Single Add To cart option. Look in Design / Design Options or in each Section Details / Page Settings.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

url showing issue

thanks Norman

We bought the tabber from you, thanks - it's looking groovy :-)

here's a URL where you can hopefully see the problem http://www.fabfab.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.cgi

(If it doesn't show the error message at the top just click the add to cart button on any product page and you'll see what i mean)

Thanks,
      Jo

Comment

url re shopping cart activation/quantity error

Thanks Norman

We just recently bought the tabber from you, thanks! looks cool :-)

I tried your suggestions but no joy. here's an updated URL link that may help...

http://www.fabfab.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.cgi

I'd really appreciate it if you could help - pulling my hair out over it!!

thanks
        Jo

Comment

It looks like you've chosen the Single Add To Cart per page layout - this sets each product at 0 quantity and the customer will have to choose at least one of something before clicking the Add Selection To Cart.

If you want an add-to-cart button per product, then deselect the Single Add To cart option. Look in Design / Design Options or in each Section Details / Page Settings.
          this is probably the correct solution.... although some of your structures are abit weird, i went SkinCare (leftnav) then LipCare then got to an odd page before clicking the image to get to where i could buy.

For info the url you give will not work as you should never enter a store on the /cgi-bin/ca000001.cgi URL - it will always give an Input is Null error.

Comment

I'm looking at http://www.fabfab.co.uk/acatalog/ski...xir-cream.html and there's no Quantity field showing (and no hidden quantity field either).

Either Actinic is misbehaving or you've deleted some essential code from the product layout.

Try setting that product to use a standard layout and see what happens.

Also try Shopping Mode of Quanitity on Product Page without the Single Add to Cart.

Comment

mystery solved

thanks folks

it turns out the minimum was set to 1 and 'maximum' order for each product was set to 0. I've chaned that to a higher number and it now seems to be working...

phew! many thanks,
              Jo

Comment

I sitll get an error when adding one of these to the cart http://www.fabfab.co.uk/acatalog/ski...xir-cream.html

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Error: ../acatalog/nqset00.fil is corrupt. The signature is invalid.

Comment

A site Refresh rather than an Update is the first thing to try.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie-jo View Post
                    thanks folks

it turns out the minimum was set to 1 and 'maximum' order for each product was set to 0. I've chaned that to a higher number and it now seems to be working...

phew! many thanks,
                    Jo
                    Hi Jo,

I've tried several products and also getting the General Script Error!

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Error: ../acatalog/nqset00.fil is corrupt. The signature is invalid.
                    -----------------------------
                    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Working...
                    X