Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 8.5.3 for PayPal Express

Hi,

We've been using Actinic for year now with PROTX as the PSP but we've decided to take the plunge and try PayPal Express.

So we ugraded from 8.5.0 to 8.5.3 as this seemed to be what was required to use PayPal Express but when I go to set up another Payment Metrhod I don't see anything for PayPal Express.

The only one's listed for PayPal are:
    PayPal Webste Payments
    PayPal Webste Payments Pro

We don't want to use PayPal as a PSP we only want to use the Express version where the end user can skip the Actinic checkout and go straight to PayPal.

What am I doing wrong ?

BigJoe

Select Paypal Website Payments, fill in your Paypal email address, upload and test things. It will do just as you wish. They are named as awkwardly as possible to try confuse things, one day they will be called something obvious and be together in the list - oh the joy of simple thinking.

PS - getting rid of your PSP is a bad idea. Change them yes, but never get rid of them completely in today's online world. PSP + Paypal is a great setup nowadays.

Comment

I've been researching this recently, the more payment methods you can offer the better.

and of course you are less vulnerable if one psp goes down for a` few hours

So we ugraded from 8.5.0 to 8.5.3 as this seemed to be what was required to use PayPal Express but when I go to set up another Payment Metrhod I don't see anything for PayPal Express.
      all versions post 6.1.5 are paypal express/website payment compatible

Comment

Thanks Lee, that did the trick.

However, the PayPal option only appears at the end of the checkout process along with the usual PROTX and Credit Card details sent seperately, any ideas how I get the PayPal Express option to the front of the checkout, so the customer can make the most use of PayPal Express ?

There seems to be a distinct lack of information on how to get PayPal Express to work with Actinic.

Thanks

BigJoe

Comment

Working...
        X