Filenames conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popat2983 View Post
    iv tied everthig to find out the problem but no luck with my problem where its telling me to change somthing in a folder thats not there.

am thinking.................
    it there any way i could reintail the program and just bring my products back and leave every other setting and stuff in its origanal form
    Do you have a copy of Access to open the actinic database, it looks like the database still contains references to the old site folders and these need to be changed, you can find them more easily through Access than having to check page name in Actinic.

Always take a backup of the actinic database before doing any work on it.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

ya i do have a copy of access.

where would i find the database file to open and change the settings

Comment

Have you looked in your site1 folder? file ending .mdb

Comment

iv found the database fille aciniccatalog.ldb
          iv open it in access and now am lost lol.

iv nerver use this before so where whould i find the references to the old site folders

Comment

iv open it in access and now am lost lol.

iv nerver use this before so where whould i find the references to the old site folders
            First back it up more than once.

Open the products table and look for the product image, you will find the file names are listed here and you should be able to search for the partial filenames to find your errors.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Rekesh

Could you check if these file names/paths are perhaps hard-coded into any of your layouts? The logic behind this error from Actinic is that even if 2 files having the same name are stored in separate physical locations and referenced from different folders within the software, the upload process sends them into a single acatalog folder. So from the POV of the acatalog, all file names must be unique.

From an overview of the problem description so far, it would be worth while to also skim through the layouts, especially the overall ones to rule out the reference to these file paths.

If the error still persists, suggest if you contact Actinic support through phone (if you have cover) or email and have them take a look at your site snapshot.

Hope this helps.
              Krithika Chandrasekar
              SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

BTW you should be opening aciniccatalog.mdb, the ldb file is used by access to control record locking, if it exists it menas the database is already in use or a program was not shutdown properly and access still thinks the database is open. It is not the database itself.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                X