Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Uploading

Hi,
    I have a problem uploading I am on version 9.03.IMMA and have been on this version since before christmas.

I usually upload once or twice a day, but have not been able to since Monday. I get all the little flower thingies going round, and then after a few minutes it either cancels itself out of the upload or the screen freezes - it stayed like this all night last night - no change.

I have not made any major changes to the site - only odd product amendments here and there.
    I can generate scripts (along with all the marketing pages we use too) which then have to be manually uploaded.
    I have tried changing the script id number and compacting the databases -but still get the same error - any one able to shed any light for me?

Thanks in advance
    Graham & Claire Fain

Do you have backup software running at the same time? If so, disable it.

Change the priority in Task Manager (if you are using Windows). Right click on catalog.exe and set it to high. This setting will last until you reboot.

If still no joy, then take a snapshot and uninstall and reinstall Actinic.

Those would be the steps I would take. I'm sure others have better ideas.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

If you have not changed anything in Actinic (are you 100% sure) then it must lay elsewhere ... as well as scheduled tasks as pointed out above also consider new equipment on the line, service providers testing the lines late at night.

Compacting the database usually resolves a mass of sins. Have you tried on another machine at the same connection? Have you tried with/without Enhanced FTP in the network settings?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks for the suggestions,
        I have not changed anything within actinic nor on my pc - other than a windows update!!
        Our host does not support enhanced ftp so that is not enabled.
        It wouldn't do a snapshot last night (even after a reboot), but has done it this morning - i tried it with out turning on any other programs - then i tried uploading, but again hangs in the same place.
        see screen shot
        Click image for larger version

Name:	act1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	542736
        Graham & Claire Fain

Comment

Sounds like a call to Support is in order
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

When you run into upload problems the first thing you should do is a network test in case there's a problem with the server. Try one now and let us know the result.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I have logged a call to support.

I tried the network test and it comes up with error saying that it can not connect to the FTP as the username and password is incorrect - this has not been changed in any way, but to be sure I have re-entered them - same problem - use the same details and I can log into my web space using an ftp program, and the back end of the server space through a program with our host.... very strange
              Graham & Claire Fain

Comment

It sounds like an ftp problem. There's probably something in the settings that Actinic doesn't like or maybe a firewall blcoking Actinic.

Enahnced FTP gives you more control over the ftp settings. If your host doesn't support compression then this can always be turned off in the ftp options menu.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

thanks for yor replies - support have a snapshot and are looking at it for me.
                  Nothing has been changed in the settings - uploads worked on Monday intermittently, and I can still download and email through actinic.
                  we have tried turning off the firewall, still no joy.
                  Graham & Claire Fain

Comment

Working...
                  X