Snapshots - Just What Happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshots - Just What Happens?

Whilst tracking down a recent issue with some PHP code I became aware of the fact that Actinic processes PHP code on the pages as part of the snapshot process.

Can Actinic please comment on why this needs to be the case?

Also it would be very useful if Actinic can please explain exactly what processes take place when a snapshot is being generated.

I thought the snapshot just checked for file dependancies and some registry information then zipped up all required files, but this is obviously not the whole picture.

A snapshot seems to go through a pretend upload IME, it asks are you sure you want to do various upload things, when in fact you are just snapshotting. I presume the processes to check an upload are those in place to check a snapshot also. An upload with no FTP activity, i'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      An upload with no FTP activity, i'd say.
      There is too much processing going on for a standard ZIP compression. It would make sense to pseudo generate the website as this routine checks the code - no point generating duff ACD's if avoidable.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I think you are correct, it may also save some coding, but I don't seem to understand the need for all that to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
          There is too much processing going on for a standard ZIP compression. It would make sense to pseudo generate the website as this routine checks the code - no point generating duff ACD's if avoidable.
          I would like to have an error report but the process to continue otherwise you have no full backup even if the site's a bit iffy.

Comment

Hi,

A snapshot seems to go through a pretend upload IME, it asks are you sure you want to do various upload things, when in fact you are just snapshotting. I presume the processes to check an upload are those in place to check a snapshot also. An upload with no FTP activity, i'd say.
            You are correct, a snapshot generates the site. This is so we can can pick up files that are referenced by the store pages (images, additional html files etc.)
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X