css images disappearing on upload to server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

css images disappearing on upload to server

We have been testing our site for a few months, and have been using Actinic's trial hosting. All fine. All our images and pages were working absolutely as they should.

We have today uploaded to our live server, and some of the background images on the CSS styles have mysteriously disappeared. In Actinic page view, they are there, but on upload, gone??

Anybody got any ideas on this - the site will have to be taken down until its fixed, so any help you can offer would be very gratefully received!

LOL you too, they know of the problem, but don't know what's causing it yet. It's intermittent and a toughie to trace. Add the images into design | additional files as that helps a little. Discussed here - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40517

Comment

Manual upload is the way forward

Comment

Pigeons and Doves for sale, roll up roll up.

Comment

Brilliant!! I'm sure my customer is going to be over the moon... especially as I recommended Actinic as a 'great little program'..

grrrrr!!!!

Comment

...which it is (a great little program)... just a shame these silly bugs keep foxing me.... have added all my additional images as recommended, and hopefully that will fix it.
            Thanks for the suggestion and pointer... I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if it gets fixed (fingers, and everything else, crossed!)

Comment

If not add your styles into the actinic.css and remove all sub folders from background images, that is your next step, which somewhat negates the advantage of the DW integration. But it might rescue the situation. Don't trust the preview, different things can happen on upload.

Comment

Don't forget the old faithful 'single quotes' in the url('.... ') ..... legacy hacks still have their place.

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I notice actinic have changed to double quotes now, personally either work as far as I have seen, do you see a difference in this area? As long as a quote of some kind is there it seems OK to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X