X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need urgent Help - ActinicUPS.ocx

Hi All
    I have a problem with v9 actinic.

My version is UK but the snapshot is deployed in the US. The first time I had the snapshot it worked fine. I closed down actinic and tried to reopen at a later date and I got a message saying a problem with UPS.ocx file.

I looked this up on the forum here and found same problem but with v7.

The admin post said to remove some records from the dbase.
    I removed the records as instructed and now my error is;

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Opening the [SSPProvider] table

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'SSPProvider'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate

I can reinstall my v9 and then re-import the snap so have not lost anything but I cant work on the site as I cant save and reopen.

Any ideas anyone?.....please
    Curtain Poles

Are you trying to transfer the site from the US to the UK permanently?
    If so then contact Actinic support, if not and you want to work on it and send it back then I think you will need the US version installed.

The database structure has changed a lot since v7.

Comment

us version

Thanks for quick response.

I have uk version actinic, the site does open and close in the uk version of actinic at my customers office.

the site is deployed in the us.

the plan is to keep it that way.

I suppose the question is then, can someone help me with a solution similar to the solution on v7.
      Curtain Poles

Comment

The uk and us versions differ mainly in the shipping tables and the error you are getting shows this. This was discussed ages ago in the v8 forum and the answer was you need the us version. I think in that instance the op needed to use the us trial to develop the site and then deploy to the us version. Note you will need to use it on a separate of as the two versions cannot exist on the same pc without some VM software. Anyway search the v8 forum and you should find it.

Comment

v8 forum

thanks Malcolm, I searched but could only find the notes on the v7 area.

will take a look.
          Curtain Poles

Comment

Working...
          X