Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

actinic keeps re-ordering my attribute choices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic keeps re-ordering my attribute choices!

I've created some choices for customers to select, size, colour etc... to ensure the first item in the list isn't incorrectly ordered (ie, the customer forgets to select a choice and their order comes through defaulting to the first choice) we've added another choice which simply says "please select" which we've moved to the top of the list of choices.

However, when the site is uploaded - EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 'please select' options has moved itself to the bottom of each drop down, so the customer is still presented with the first choice in the list as a default option!!!!

Is there any way around this, has anybody had the same experience - you can view an example here http://www.mygiftsandsouvenirs.com/a...ter_tshirt.htm

Thanks!

That shouldn't be happening.

Do your other Choices stay in the correct sequence?

How do the Choices look in the Content Tree?

Incidentally, I've got a Choice Validation add-on that does away with the need to manually set a default dummy entry - patch does it for you.
    It also inhibits add-to-cart if the (automatically added) "Please Select" entry is selected. Email me if interested.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman's patch sounds useful.

This thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40837 discusses the issue and offers some sorting options, also courtesy of Norman.

It looks as if the display is sorted by order in the database, so changing that may presumable be an option. Only really recommended for someone who's familiar with databases though.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks to both of you. This is the interesting bit... in the content tree, the 'please select' WAS added and dragged to the top of every list... however after exporting a snapshot and importing it back onto another PC, every one of them had dropped down... also some of my other choices are re-ordering themselves. Its definitely an Actinic thing - I have a few embroidery options and they are numbered 1-6 with a brief description in the drop down options... but I'm getting 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1,... etc etc

I would definitely be interested in the add-on you mention Norman. Can you tell me a bit more (if there is a charge etc so I can pass this info onto my customer)

Thanks

Comment

Choice Validation is a £35 add-on. It can be used per Attribute or set for the whole site. You'd have to go through your site deleting your "Select..." type Choices as the add-in would do it for you. You get the added bonus that the customer cannot press the Add to Cart button until they've made a valid selection.

If you use Radio buttons, they're all displayed unselected (no need for a Select... one) and again the Add to Cart is inhibited until one is clicked.

Best email me for info.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That sounds perfect... I'll pass the details onto my customer and come back to you. Is it easy to add on to Actinic??

I think we'd want to do it for the entire site, if there are necessary options (which they all are) then we need to make sure at least one is selected!

Will get back to you...

Louise

Comment

I recently installed Norman's patch and found it simple to install.
              You just need to follow the clear instructions provided and can be done in a matter of minutes.

The error messages are also user definable for each attribute and it also checks Date fields to ensure that the default e.g. "1st Jan 2000" date isn't used.

I would recommend it.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
              X