How to export orders to Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to export orders to Excel

Hi, I've done a few searches on the forum but can't seem to find a solution to our problem. We basically want to export an order into a spreadsheet that at least keeps a resemblance to how a packing list looks when printed off and can be edited easily (like adding another product line).

We use CutePDF Writer to convert orders to a PDF file and have tried several programs to convert these to excel files but none make it into an easy to edit file or keep the layout.

Any help/suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Not easy. The most effective way I can think of doing this is to get someone to write you an excel macro that takes the info needed from the database and creates a formatted excel file for each order.

It's probably a couple of days work for someone to do this properly. You might be able to get it done quite reasonably via one of these rent a coder websites.

One of the developers might have done something like this before. Gabe has a website for matching requests with developers. That might be worth a try.

I'll find the link.

Mike

OK. Here its is:

Find a freelance Actinic Designer

Create a free account at ActLance, and find a designer for your project!

ActLance is a place where you can post projects, or even full time jobs for a strong community of Actinic Designers to bid on. Posting your project costs only 2 pounds. After designers bid on your project, you only need to choose the one that suits you, and its showtime!

Get your work done faster, and with someone who knows how to use Actinic. Designers are rated on their experience on ActLance, as well as being encouraged to show their portfolio of works, so you'll know you're getting a good deal.

Save yourself loads of wasted time, fiddling with complicated templates or getting frustrated at Photoshop. Post a project on ActLance today!

http://www.actlance.co.uk/

For more information, direct any questions to:
    occamsrazor@actlance.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

-however-

the time you spend paying a designer, you could easily buy jans order processing plug, that can export into xsl format.

i have used it recently to bring microsoft office accounts, actinic and a couriers label printing software closer together.

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...ssing.html#aQO

Comment

yes, i know, that was pretty daft of me, turning someone away from my own site, but, hey, at least this chap gets what they want.

Comment

i just re-read the OP.

i dont think you're going to get 'easy to edit' from anyting.

You'd basically be looking for multi-user. this will allow you to edit the orders.

Comment

As I said, pulling the info from the database and formatting it in excel isn't too difficult. It just takes a bit of time to do a proper job.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

How about using Print2Excel http://www.print2excel.com/, I haven't used it myself but the blurb is good.

Thanks Gabe by the way, nice comments.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i've just tried that Print2Excel and with a little bit of resizing/merging fields it does what we need so thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X