Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customers placing a large order crashing at checkout

Has anyone had similar problem?

We are using Actinic v8.53, with no "max £" or "min £" order limits.

We generally have customers complain that when large orders about are placed, they are crashed out during checkout - I've never been informed of what the exact message was.

I've just tried to place a large order of 1 item for 1000 quantity, order value £43k and it worked (no problems), then I tried 100 of each item (47 items) with order value £43k, I got this message:

"Error 500 - Internal server error
    An internal server error has occured!
    Please try again later."

The web link for this message was at: "cgi-bin/os000003.pl"

I just tried clicking "back" and the cart is empty. I now feel for the customers who spent a long time placing an order and then this happens.

SSL settings in actinic = "Checkout Pages and Customer Login only"

Placing the same £43k order but with "card details sent separately" works.

FYI: £43k is an extreme test, but shows that the problem is not to do with the value but the quantity of goods.

Is there is solution?

Thanks.

Are fasthosts the hosts? This will be a timing out issue I suspect. With orders so big, you might just need yourself a dedicated server. Someone else reported something like this a while back, try a search see if that had a solution attached.

Comment

Hosted by 1and1, however we do have a dedicated server with them (1and1) also, will one day switch over and see what happens.

I'm not sure whether fasthosts & 1and1 are the same, I thought I read it somewhere sometime ago... or maybe it might've been a dream.

In the meantime, I will dig deeper in searching in the posts, my initial search kept thorwing up results in Actinic crashing/checkout in Actinic crashing and not the site itself...

Let me know if you find the post... thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
        Hosted by 1and1, however we do have a dedicated server with them (1and1) also, will one day switch over and see what happens.
        switch to your DS and install actEncrypt1024 (see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44812) it may help
        Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
        I'm not sure whether fasthosts & 1and1 are the same, I thought I read it somewhere sometime ago... or maybe it might've been a dream.
        FH got bought out by 1&1 but i think they are still run as separate entitiies
        Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 03:13 PM. Reason: Updating kb links

Comment

Working...
        X