Usinfg different coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usinfg different coupons

I've just upgraded to business for the additional benefits. This maybe a simple question, but having read all the help and the forum and tried on the programme I'm still a bit confused.

Can you have different coupons for different product groups. ie Can you have a coupon 'cheap' giving say 5% of the product group 'books' and have another coupon 'discount' giving say 7% of the product group 'clothes' etc.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Yes you can. You can apply a coupon code to a specific group. Have a go at setting up 2 examples and see how you do it is the best way I find, it's a somewhat complicated area because of the amount of things it needs to offer people. What is failing or where have you got stuck, can you provide a screenshot?

Have you setup your product groups for starters and then selected them from the drop down list on the discounts setup page?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have now been experimenting and come up with a problem that you may be able to solve. I have made 2 product groups and assigned a separate coupon to each product group. I've actually uploaded it to my site to play with it.

Each coupon does work and gives the correct discount. However, if a customer orders a product from both product groups they can only use 1 coupon. If I use one coupon and it gives a discount, if I then use a different coupon it overides the other coupon.

Is there a way that I can use multiple coupons at the same time. The reason being that I want to give different discounts for each of the different product groups.

Any thoughts from the wise and experienced people?

Comment

Originally posted by fermain View Post
        I have now been experimenting and come up with a problem that you may be able to solve
        I just love the way you phrased that
        Tracey

Comment

Good question, not going to be possible as you want to do it though IMO. Probably going to need to merge the 2 offers in some way.

Comment

So if you stop experimenting you won't have problems.
            Quote of the day.

Comment

Working...
            X