Import site nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import site nightmare

I just imported a snapshot to my working computer, because I'd done some work on it at home. I clicked the 'update contents but leave order history intact', and it's.. well, not left it intact. All my orders have gone. Is there a way of getting it back, using the overwritten site?

Any help? This is a major problem as you can imagine.

I had this recently. I had to import the orders from a backup copy of the database. Do you have one?

Do you have an a snapshot of the site before the import?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I don''t have a snapshot no. I always do snapshots if I make any changes to the contents, but I have never got into the habit of doing them on my working computer.

I have a file called 'previous.mbd' but don't know what to do with it.

Comment

Close Actinic
        Rename ActinicCatalog.mdb to say Problem_ActinicCatalog.mdb
        Rename previous.mdb to ActinicCatalog.mdb
        Restart Actinic
        Jump for joy or cry

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmind View Post
          but I have never got into the habit of doing them on my working computer.
          You will now!

File | Import Orders | Try the previous.mdb maybe. I don't know, I've never had to do this.

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Ok. I've done that and have got everything back except the last 3 days, which far from being perfect is a improvement for sure.

So thanks very much Drounding. I'll just have to take all the details from the order confirmation emails and re enter them manually

And yes, I will now.

Comment

Housekeeping > Backup > Recover Database - use as your last resort, after taking backups of backups

Comment

I've done a snapshot of how it is now. i.e. with most orders recovered, should I now try what you suggest Grant, to possibly get the last 3 days back?

Comment

Ok, used Duncan's technique using 'backup.mbd' instead of previous.mbd and all is fixed *enormous sigh of relief*

Thanks again Duncan

Comment

When you select to backup the database it creates a file called backup.mdb. When you select to do it next time it will rename backup.mdb to previous.mdb and then create a new backup.mdb from your current database.

So you will always have backup and backup-1.

Comment

Working...
                    X