Hiding elements from non-account users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding elements from non-account users

Could anyone please tell me the simplest method to hide elements in the checkout area from 'non-account' users and display them only to logged-in customers? I want to ask account customers for a Purchase Order number but this is not required for 'causal' visitors.

Many thanks

Have a look in the AUG at the methods to show and not show items to registered customers. You may be able to use the logic in those for what you want to do. Probably going to involve the NOTINB2B tags

Comment

Thanks Lee, that looks promising - I'll have a play with that.

Comment

OK, I think I've got the input box being hidden using the NOTINB2B code - in Checkout page 2, under General Information pages, I have the following:

<Actinic:NOTINB2B><!--</Actinic:NOTINB2B>
        <span class="actregular"><b><Actinic:Variable Name="GeneralTitle"/></b></span>
        <br /><br />
        <table border="0" width="<actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH" />" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3" class="checkout">
        <actinic:variable name="CheckoutPrompt" value="General User Definable 1" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GeneralPrompt000Visible%22%20%2f%3e" />
        <actinic:variable name="CheckoutPrompt" value="General User Definable 2" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GeneralPrompt001Visible%22%20%2f%3e" />
        <actinic:variable name="CheckoutPrompt" value="General User Definable 3" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GeneralPrompt002Visible%22%20%2f%3e" />
        </table>
        <br />
        <hr size="1" width="<actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH" />" align="left" />
        <Actinic:NOTINB2B>--></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

However, there's still a problem in that we want the PO Number (i.e General User Definable 1) to be a required field for account customers. If I select it as a required field in Design\Text, it becomes required for both account customers and non-account customers - with the result that non-account customers are not able to proceed as they haven't filled in a required field that is invisible to them!

Is there any way to make User Definable 1 visible ONLY to account customers, and also to make it a required field ONLY for account customers?

Suggestions gratefully received!

Comment

Working...
        X