Multiple Variable - Same Choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Variable - Same Choices?

Does anyone know if it is possible to have more then one User defined variable using the same list of choices as another UDF.

I have a number of variables set in different places (some product, some section) that really need a master lookup list of choices.
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Hi Andy,

You can only do this by entering the list of possible values for each variable in the design library. There is no way to share a single list between variables.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I suspected as much.

Thanks for saving me from several hours of time wasting Jan
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Can't you just define one list and place it at product and section level, no limits on you doing that.

Comment

Much like your avatar Lee I seem to have my head stuck up my bottom on this one.

I am designing a new site and I am using hard coded links to the search script to do some filtering.

Basically I have the section Bracelets which contains ALL the bracelets.
          I want to be able to let customers choose to see just Gold bracelets or Silver Bracelets.
          I also want them to able to choose just to see Gold Bracelets with Diamonds or Silver Bracelets with Topaz.

I have the links set up as follows where (in the above example) F1Name is Diamond and MetalName1 is Gold, both UDV set at section level - just noticed that I need to add Bracelet to it as well.

I have a BlockIf around the code so it only shows if something has been set in F1Name.

Code:
          <a href="<actinic:variable name="SearchCGIURL" />?RANDOM=NETQUOTEVAR%3ARANDOM&PAGE=SEARCH&SS=&TB=A&PR=-1&S_SilverStyle0_0=<actinic:variable name="F1Name" />&S_Metal0_1=<actinic:variable name="MetalName1" />&GB=A&SX=0&ACTION=Search"><actinic:variable name="F1Name" /></a>
          The more I think about it the less I know what I am trying to do.
          It all seemed to make sense last night when I posted the question.
          Please ignore this post till I can work out exactly what it is I am trying to ask!
          Unusual Silver Jewellery
          Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
          Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

I'm going to leave the tricky stuff to Lee but I just wanted to say that if you tick the searchable option in the variable dialog then the customer can search on the options in the advanced search dialog. I don't think it's exactly what you are looking for but useful info hopefully.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

That is how I find out what to put into the hard coded links.

I have done this before at www.seriouslysilver.co.uk but if a new product is added that doesn't fit into one of the existing filters then I have to add a new one and I was hoping to devise a more automatic way of doing things this time around.

Thinking aloud - maybe I'll look if it is possible to fill a list box with the contents of a UDV

Thanks Jan.
              Unusual Silver Jewellery
              Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
              Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
              X