Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coupon code not recognized

Hello,

So I've setup a discount based on a coupon code, effective site wide. The problem is that the code is not recognized. I've learned, after finding the unique other thread on this issue, that a purge and refresh with perl files deletion should do the trick. When I check which files (ie perl files) are different from the originals I get a list with all the pm and pl files: they've all been changed! Can I be certain that the files the came with the actinic installer are the most up to date?

The coupon codes are stored in a .fil file online. I would try a purge and refresh first before resetting anything. Don't forget the codes are case sensitive.

When you install Actinic or upgrade you get a default set of perl files installed to ensure everything works.... these are always as up to date as the version you are working on.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The coupon code is in discounts.fil alright but it appears to be encoded (md5'ed?). I did do a purge and refresh last night, but without deleting the perl files; did not help a bit.

Comment

Has any one any clues as to what might be the cause of this problem?

Comment

Out of interest which version of v8 are you running? (8.X.X?)

The discounts.fil is an encrypted file otherwise someone with the knowledge could quite easily take the file and pass the coupon codes across the net like wildfire. Though I'm not saying MD5 encryption is the best form of encryption, far from it. Feel safe in the knowledge it's very unlikely to come to that though, I apologise for putting scary thoughts in the back of your mind

Did you do the upload via Help > Troubleshooting?

Comment

I'm using 8.5.2

I did a purge & refresh: no change. I'll retry later with the delete perl files files option checked.

I'm not contesting the coupon code being encoded, I'm just wondering why can't actinic recognize it.

Comment

Working...
            X