Products with new variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products with new variables

We have lots of products all of the same type. But each product varies slightly in dimension which we need to display.

E.g A / B / C / D / E / F dimensions

At the moment we have to create a new custom layout of each product (The are about 1000 of them) and its becomming very difficult to update and change.

Ideally what i need to do is to create variables ( which is easy enough) with in single layout. But creating a variable 'Dim-A' for example how would i assign a figuar to it via the 'Products detail' window?

Or is there aback door way i would have to do this?
    www.polymax.co.uk/acatalog/ number 1 for for o-rings, rubber seals, rubber cords. In Viton NBR and silicone.
    Cuddle And Carry, Baby Slings Wraps Ringslings Pouches and Carriers
    http://www.oringen.eu/ O-Ringen Rubber Koord Uitegdreven Profielen in Nitrile (NBR) Viton.

You can ctreat ethe variable and select the place of setting to be Site and Product. That means you can a default set cascaded form the parent and override it as required.

Backup first.

Set up a few products then export the catalog. You will then see that the variable is placed at the end of the product header.
    This means you can then import the variable value for each product by changing those values as required and reimportng.

EDIT: IIRC there were some issues importing custom variables in some versions of v8 - have a search on the forum about that first.

Comment

Working...
    X