Adding word documents to fragments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding word documents to fragments

I couldn't find the following by searching on the forum. Maybe my searching! but I thought I'd add it as a post so if another novice like me is searching it will come up.

Code:
    !!<<li><a href="TradeAccountForm.doc">Trade Account Form</a></li>>!!
    Add the file to your additional files.

I am assuming that I can do the same with a pdf file but haven't tried it yet!
    D
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Originally posted by Donna Kempster View Post
    I couldn't find the following by searching on the forum. Maybe my searching! but I thought I'd add it as a post so if another novice like me is searching it will come up.

Code:
    !!<<li><a href="TradeAccountForm.doc">Trade Account Form</a></li>>!!
    Add the file to your additional files.

I am assuming that I can do the same with a pdf file but haven't tried it yet!
    D
    !!<<a href="TradeAccountForm.doc">Trade Account Form</a>>!!

Would be what you'd use, although a PDF is much better than a Word document as it has far less virus possibilities. You can also use the link tab on the fragment itself and just browse to the file.

Comment

Cheers Lee. I used the list option as it laid it out in quite a neat way! I'll look at the link option too as this will be much simpler that having loads of html in the fragements. I used a word document fo rthis as it's for an account application form that I want them to complete and email back to be. I'll be using a pdf for the t&c's so that they can print off a version of those. As an aside I'll also look at whether the link option will allow me to add images to an area that trade customers can download to use one their sites etc. Have a good weekend - hope the weather holds D
      Donna

Comment

It is often good practice to declare the file size for downloads as well (regardless of size) eg:

Download Trade Form (150kb)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I would also open up the file in a blank page by using the 'target' property

!!<<a href="TradeAccountForm.doc" target="_blank">Trade Account Form</a>>!!
          Last edited by meden; 03-Apr-2009, 12:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
          The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

!!<<a href="TradeAccountForm.doc" taget="_blank">Trade Account Form</a>>!!
            for anyone wanting to use this, don't forget the r in 'target'

!!<<a href="TradeAccountForm.doc" target="_blank">Trade Account Form</a>>!!

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Cheers Lee. I used the list option as it laid it out in quite a neat way!
              Nothing to stop you using a list if you want, I presumed been as the <ul> and </ul> were not added that you did not want a list and included those parts by mistake. If you want a properly coded list, then the following is what you are after.

!!<<ul><li><a href="TradeAccountForm.doc" target="_blank">Trade Account Form</a></li></ul>>!!

Comment

That's cos I didn't know they existied! What does the <ul> do out of interst? D
                Donna

Comment

That's cos I didn't know they existied! What does the <ul> do out of interst? D
                  <ul> is the tag which generates a list - <li> (list) or <ol> (ordered list) tags are expected within, ie:

<ul>
                  <li>number 1</li>
                  <li>number 2</li>
                  </ul>

Which would produce:
                  • number 1
                  • number 2

Similarly, <ol>:

<ul>
                  <ol>number 1</ol>
                  <ol>number 2</ol>
                  </ul>
                  1. number 1
                  1. number 2

Comment

Thanks Grant, I thought the <li> did that A little knowledge and all that!

Thanks Lee now I've got the right code (!!) it works perfectly!
                    Donna

Comment

The story goes on lol:

<ul> = unordered list
                      <ol> = ordered list

the parts to be in the list are always aurrounded with <li>......</li> (this part never changes for either list type)

It is only the opening list tag that changes to define what type of list it is to be:

<ul>
                      <li>Lee</li>
                      <li>Donna</li>
                      <li>Grant</li>
                      </ul>

or

<ol>
                      <li>Lee</li>
                      <li>Donna</li>
                      <li>Grant</li>
                      </ol>

in other words

Comment

Ohh why is life so complicated! I was rubbish at languages at school and now I have to try and master a whole load of new ones (even having to spelling in American!) when my brain is on its downward slope!

Now I just have to find somewhere to put in an ordered list so I have both bits of code somewhere should I need again LOL D
                        Donna

Comment

Duncan came up with what he called his 'safe', a hidden page with lots of bits of coding, seasonal fragments that everyting goes into for those times when you need something.
                          www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

I keep a file folder called tweaks and hacks which contains copies of all files I have changed e.g. orderscript.pl with notes saying what's changed and why.
                            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I have a folder in my favourites called "Actinic Goodies", as I read a post with something useful inside, I add the page to that folder and name it usefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X