Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add only the Order Number to email body

I hope that this isn't covered anywhere else

I have looked for quite a while now. I want to supply the customer with a coupon code which involves just the first six digits of their order number. Is this possible? If not should I make it the whole number and if so how do I display this in the body of the email?...

many thanks for the patience of the experienced users with myself and one or two other novices...
    Steven Bird
    The Model Tree Shop

Not sure about making what you want work but the way I see it you are trying to over-complicate things with little knowledge of how to do such things, why not just send them a code made up from maybe the day/date/year and if need be have it time limited.

I think too many people try to limited any discount to the original purchaser, when so what if it gets past around to a few mates, you get more customers without trying. We run our discounts this way and get many new customers this way.

BTW http://themodeltreeshop.co.uk/acatal...ree_Range.html has a massive blank space at the top of the page and had I not expected it would have clicked away from that page.
    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

If generating unique codes you are going to have to set up various discounts as well or contact Gabe as he has just built some single use code for Jont
      www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Many thanks Darron, you're probably right about being too specific.

Double checked the twisted wire tree page and the blank space only appears in IE works fine with Firefox, what is the problem here???
        Steven Bird
        The Model Tree Shop

Comment

I suspect that's due to the width the last image on the page.

Comment

OK I see that but why only in IE?
            Steven Bird
            The Model Tree Shop

Comment

IE has a mind of it's own when it comes to compliance.

Comment

Many thanks for highlighting this issue, I have upgraded from V7 and it turns out that I needed to change the page layout. This has cured that issue now I only have to get the banner at the footer of the home page to fit neatly...
                Steven Bird
                The Model Tree Shop

Comment

I'm not sure that you can display the order number as part of the email body text in the Actinic emails, you can using our One Stop Order Processing product though (http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html, for a free trial and more details).

I would agree with the previous comments of not trying to stop people sharing the code or if you do want a single use code (for gift certificates for example) contact Gabriel Crowe to talk about the plugin he has in development).

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                  X