Uploading Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Actinic

When I uploaded Actinic V7, everything went smoothly under C:/Program Files/Actinic V7 (nice and easy) but on uploading V9, a lot of files go under C:/Program Files/Actinic V9 and I'm prompted (and recommended) to upload some Actinic files to the My Documents folder - so now I have Actinic V9 spread over two different locations. Is this necessary?

Dave
    Last edited by Krithika; 08-Apr-2009, 10:23 AM. Reason: Clarifying title
    Dave

Dave,
    think you might need to clarify your terminology to avoid confusion.

Upload: The act of transferring files from your local PC to the remote web server.
    Install: The act of creating and installing a program onto your local PC's hard drive.

I suspect you mean the latter instead of the former.
    The reason for this is that V9 now offers 3 location options where to create teh "site1" folder when installing the software on the compute. This is mainly to ensure that Vista users can run the software as well (by installing folder into "My Documents").
    The other 2 options allow you to specify the location specifically i.e. you could, if wanted, specify that Actinic create the site1 folder at "C:\Program Files\ActinicV9\Sites" for example.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Sorry - a bit bleary eyed after a night shift. Yes I did mean install!

So when I install the first bit of Actinic to C\Program Files and then it recommends me to install the next bit (Site1) to My Documents, are you saying that I can specify the Site1 folder to C\Program Files as well? It says during the install that it shouldn't reside under the same place as the first bit.
      Dave

Comment

It is the 'trend' shall we say in windows now (with vista etc) that you keep data separate from program. It is probably better to just choose the default install in My Documents for the current user unless you have different windows login accounts for other people that will also need to use Actinic.

Comment

OK thanks to both of you - I'll install as recommended.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X