Reducing shipping costs to reward customer loyalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reducing shipping costs to reward customer loyalty

Is there any way i can set up a promotion to reward repeat custom along the lines of :-

50% off your delivery costs on your next order when you use the following coupon code :- ******

I can see how to do it with a product, but I can't see how to do it with the shipping portion of the sale.

Is this possible?

If you have a fixed shipping cost, you can, if not, you can't.

Comment

Delivery costs are a very touchy subject with many customers, so I would advise not to play around with them and keep the mention of them very low key, but offer maybe a discount on goods next time

You may well find if you offer a reduced delivery they will ask and expect it all the time in the future and then find it very time consuming to operate
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks for your comments.
        Seeing as I do not have fixed delivery costs and hadn;t considered Chris comments, it may be better for me to introduce a fix rate discount when the customer spends over a certain amount eg. £100 on any of our products.

How do I implement this? I have set up discount codes for certain individual products and groups in the past. Some of these are still active and I want them to remain active. How do I select "all products" when some products are already allocated to other smaller groups?

Is there any way that the same product can be in multiple product/discount groups?

Comment

A product can be in one group only. Just do it on cart total and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
          X