Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One-click order processing questions

Hi
    I am just getting an online shop launched and am trying to figure out how to do the order retrieval and processing in Actinic v8.

It seems that one click order processing will be more efficient but I have just been testing it and it doesn't seem to do what I expect.
    I have the following options checked:
    Print packing list
    ship all lines
    mark packing list printed
    print invoice
    send email
    mark invoice printed

When I hit 'complete order' all that happens is that the order moves to complete and an invoice is printed.
    Therefore it seems that the following things are not happening:
    Print packing list
    Send email (It seems that an email is created but not sent unless you manually send it.)

Am I doing something wrong or is this how other people have found the one click to work?
    Thanks

Not sure why the packing list isn't being printed. Have you checked all the right boxes in the order Processing tab?

As for the emails not being sent, this is a long-standing bugbear. No, Actinic doesn't send the order shipped emails (or whichever email you have chosen in the One Click Processing set up). You have to send them manually by going to operations | Send Emails.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

yes I do have the print packing list button ticked
      Thanks

Comment

Have you set up how/where you want the packing list printed? Try printing one manually - what happens? Does it print as expected?

Cos when I tick the same boxes everything (apart from the email sending ) happens as I would expect.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi there

I am still having beginner problems with understanding how to do the order processing in Actinic. I am using v8.5 with Actinic Payments. I did a test order this morning using my credit card and when I downloaded the order into Actinic it showed in pending.
          I then clicked complete as I had one click order processing set up but I got a message which I have saved as a screen print, attached, which doesn't make sense to me. I have also tried to reprint packing lists and get the same message each time.
          I feel baffled as to how I am supposed to process orders when the software doesn't want to play ball with me!

Any help gratefully received.
          Thanks
          Susie
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm not opening your pdf (try attaching to your post as a jpg or gif) but I suspect that it's the warning error you get about printing packing lists after the order is completed??

I logged this as a bug AGES ago. When one click completion first appeared and, to date, NOTHING has been done about it.

The only thing I could do was to print all packing lists FIRST and then use the one-click to do the rest (un-ticking packing list in the one-click options)

It's stupid and annoying and I'm very peeved that it's been months with no fix!!
            Tracey

Comment

oh..I'm off on one now

Here's my most recent post about it (15 months ago) http://community.actinic.com/showthr...k+packing+list

and here's my original post about it (nearly TWO years ago!!) http://community.actinic.com/showthr...k+packing+list

and breathe.....
              Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey
                Many thanks for this. It sounds like as a newbie I should ignore the one click thing completely and just get to know the laborious process....... and then buy a Mole End plug in once I get busier? How does that sound for an approach?
                Cheers
                Susie

Comment

well, Susie, the one click works if you omit the packing list....and forget the fact that the emails don't send til you send them..ok, I admit, that doesn't leave much for the "one click" to do but it DOES still save some time. Especially shipping orderlines.

Just call it THREE CLICK order completion, instead of a good deal more.

And maybe Actinic could comment on why this STILL isn't fixed after TWO years

*ahem*
                  rant over...honest
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X