Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Variables

Hello,

Not sure if anyone can help with this as I've searched the forum and AUG and can't see anything. Basically on my website I have 10 layouts on each of these layouts I have added a footer at the bottom which I have coded in:

<div id="ie_sitemap"><div id="ie_sitemap_column1"><div id="ie_sitemap_header">Occasion</div><div id="ie_sitemap_text"><a href="acatalog/valentines.php">Valentine's Day</a><br><a href="acatalog/birthday.php">Birthday</a><br><a href="acatalog/funeral.php">Funeral</a><br><a href="acatalog/new-baby-flowers.php">New Baby</a><br><a href="acatalog/new-home.php">New Home</a></div>......

This data changes frequently and it is getting to be quite time consuming changing it on each of the layouts. Is there a way in actinic to create a custom variable to hold all this code and then I only have to update it the once? I have spoken to support and their solution was to use to variable Footer but this only seems to be limited to one line of text.

Many Thanks

Paul

Create a new layout, and put the code in the new layout.
    Then call the layout every time you need it.
    This then allows you to modify the new layout ever you need to and it will be changed where you have called it.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Go to Design | Library | Layouts | Page Areas

Right click and create a new layout based on none paste the above code into it.

Double Click the Footer Area Selector | Values and make sure you new layout is in the right hand column and is set for both Initial Value and Top Level Value.

Go to the footer are in your page layout and type Footer Area, you should be prompted for the pink layout text.

Apply changes and, if it's done right you should see your footer duplicated. If all is well and good, delete the original code.

Backup First!

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Also, if you search the help in actinic for 'What Is A Layout?' this will give you a better understanding of layouts
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

That's great It all makes sense now. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X