Red Lettering in Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Lettering in Layouts

I have been using V9 for over 9 months and understand layouts, variables and blocks (to a degree) but do not undertand what the mysterious red lettering is that appears in many layouts.

It usually contains something like:
    <Actinic:XMLTEMPLATE NAME="......">
    <Actinic:REMOVE TAG="..........">
    <Actinic:LOCATION TYPE='INVOICECOUNTRY'>

I have looked in the help pages and throughout the forum but cannot find any explanation of them, although if I knew the correct name for them I could probably find something.

I am sure they are not something I need to touch but would at least like a basic undertanding of what they are, so I don't break something when editing the layout around or inside these mystery red tags.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Hello,
    I dont know the answer but it bugs me too - thought they were code errors at first.

Ed
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

These are generally Actinic's own placeholders that are used by the program when generating the pages. Much the same as variables are for the user/designer.

You'll see things in design text too like %s etc these are used by Actinic to insert internal values and must be kept in the same order for the program to substitute correctly.

Best not to fiddle with them.

Comment

Don't touch them at all - you will break your site and your family will go hungry. If they do get borked you need to reset. You cant do much (or anything) with them so best to forget they are there.

You ain't seen them? Right!

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X