Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Items Error

We recently moved to a new server.

The pages have a single add to cart button (in places), however when more than one item is ordered and either return / add to cart clicked a script error is returned. Single items will add.

I have done a total refresh, any ideas...?

I've seen this happen on very large pages with lots of products and one add to cart.
    I think the cause was that the script took too long to process and was killed by the server.
    The solution was to split the page up.

Comment

Would a dozen products be too many?

Comment

Fasthosts by any chance?

Comment

No, Easyspace on a dedicated server - same as we were on before...

I tried making a page with only three products and a single add to cart button as suggested and the same error remains.

General Script Error - Error: Invalid section ID number.

Comment

Have you tried increasing the Script ID and then doing a full refresh?

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Easyspace are almost as bad as fasthosts IMO when hosting actinic sites. Although your error message may point to another issue. Do as Rich says first and rule that out.

Comment

Yep, tried that already...

A new flavour of message : Error: ../httpdocs/acatalog/78Z148Z180Z118A1240402800B20430.session can not be locked during Session init!

I also tried to get Actinic to set up the web via the Wizard, all worked apart from at the final stage it failed to HTTP post to the server. If I set the network up manually I can connect no bother...

Comment

I've had exactly the same problem.
                  It's to do with your hosting updating the perl scripts.
                  My hosting had to reverse an update they did (perl-5.8.8-15.el5_2.1 to perl-5.8.8-10.el5_2.3), but that was back in 09/08
                  "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Still no joy, any help from Actinic appreciated here...

Comment

Hello David

Suggest you contact support to have them investigate this further.
                      Krithika Chandrasekar
                      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

David, ask actinic if you can use your trial hosting.
                        Then upload your site to the new hosting, and see if it works.
                        That's what i did when this happened to me, which proved that it was my hosting.

Comment

David, stumbled upon this in the KB
                          http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44811

Talks about the error due to a version of Perl
                          Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 02:44 PM. Reason: Updating kb links

Comment

Thanks Paul, looks like this could be the solution...

...anyone know if this has been resolved in V9? And any advice upon whether it's worth upgrading appreciated...

Comment

Script error invalid section ID

Just wondering if anyone got a resolution on this as I am having exactly the same problem when I try to add more than one product simultaneously to the cart on a single add to cart page. I noticed that if you put two products in the cart seperately then go back and add the same two again simultaneously ie increasing the qty in cart to two, it will do this ok.

I have checked with my hosting and they cannot find a problem. Perl version 5.8.8 is being used.

You can find the page with the problem here: Grant Flues
                              Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Working...
                              X