Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google analytics

Silly problem here.

I set up GA using the number that came up when i signed on, data arrived for 2 days then stopped.

However i did notice when i signed on in the first place that the number on the account set up page is not the same number when i checked the page source. i.e UA-835***9-1 on setup and UA-825***5-1 in the page source.

I can't find any way to change the number in the account page once its set up, but if it's wrong why did it work for 2 days then stop?
    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

It is set under Marketing > Google Analytics

If you are changing there and the page source code is not reflecting the change it sounds like it may have been hard coded or corrupted. Take a backup first then in the library > layouts > Google Analytics Markup ... right click each layout and reset to factory.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks still confused tho...The page source code and the Marketing/Google analytics numbers match but on Google Website the Analytics Settings/website profile where i set the analytics up there is a different number.

http://www.scottishgifts4u.co.uk/ UA-8****39-1

I would have thought the source code number was the correct one but why did the other one show. I can't find a way to change it to match the source code number, should i delete the profile and start again?

There's still a green tick showing ..just no data coming through.
      Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Comment

Do you have 2 accounts set up in GA perhaps? From memory there's a drop down menu at the top left for multiple accounts.

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
        X