advice sort on creating a new product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice sort on creating a new product

hi, I am seeking advice on which would be the best way to set up some new products. Having trawled through lots of threads on choices, permutations, etc I am a bit blinded by it all!

We currently have a product for sale and it is sold as a standard no frill product, but one pay for one.

What we now want to do is make that product available in a bigger pack size.
    An option of buying the product by bulk option but with stock control linked to the original product.

We have set up a new product for the bulk buy option and the layout is what we require, however it does not work for stock control as it is a seperate product and requires its own actinic product ref.

Is there a way to make a product use the stock level of another product.
    We want to offer one product with an option to buy one off it and anothe r option to buy a whole box of it.

link to what we have so far, although it works for us stock control is no good.
    ww.treasureislandsweets dot co dot uk /acatalog/Big_Bang_Sour.html

kind regards
    wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

Hi Wesley,

This can be done within Actinic.

If you create a componant on the bulk product (Big Bang Bulk Buy - Box Of 12) and under the componant details you are able to associate a product to this.

If you associate your main product (Big Bang Sour Bomb) by searching for it and set the "Quantity Used" to 12.

Still within the Bulk product under General of the Product Details, please make sure the Pricing model is set to "Product Price" because once added to the cart, it will only take the product price from the Bulk Product and not the Main Product.

One other point to check is to turn stock monitoring on for the main product and not the bulk product.

I hope this helps

Regards

Neil D

Comment

Can't quantity based pricing do this in a simpler way for you?

Comment

hi, have been busy so just sorting this out today!
        Thanks for the replies will post back what we do.
        wesley
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi, have gone along with Neils way of working
          I do like the simple quantity based option but the layout in actinic is not perticuly attractive for us and I dont have the time at present to sort it out.

The main problem I found with quanity based is the way actinic displays the data, confusing for customers to look at.
          It would be good if you could simply list

product A Buy One at £1.00 / Buy Now button
          product A Bulk Buy Box Of Ten /save x amount/ Buy now button

Anyone know how to set this up in quanity based pricing I would be very greatful.
          Kind Regards
          Wesley
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

hi, this has been working fine for us but today found a problem with actinci reports.
            When generating a sales report in operations/reports
            any bulk buy products are showing as a value of £0.00
            The product is listed in the report with quantity sold along with product ref but no value in pounds show.

any idea?
            wes
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
            X