Variable number of fragments in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable number of fragments in a row

Is there a way to have a variable number of fragments in each row of a brochure page?

Thanks

Russell Cowe

Hi Russell,

It sounds to me like you are asking how to set the "Column Count For Brochure fragments".

Within "layout" of the brochure "Page Details", you will see "Column Count For Brochure fragments".

Here you are able to enter a figure, which when applied will display all fragments of that particular brochure page in columns to the number entered.

I hope this helps

Regards

Neil D

Comment

I think what this guy is requesting (as i read it) is for differing column counts on each row, in which case conversion to full CSS with float: left; fragments or multiple fragment list layouts are the only real options.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        multiple fragment list layouts
        You only need the one layout list when converting to CSS - just create as many fragment layouts as necessary and they will float to the top like apples in a barrels of water. Nice.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
          You only need the one layout list when converting to CSS - just create as many fragment layouts as necessary and they will float to the top like apples in a barrels of water. Nice.
          You missed the words "or" and "are" in trying to find a fault too quickly .

Comment

No fault finding mission - just trying to make life as simple as possible - I am all for the path of least resistance - as you know lists tend not to hold edits upon upgrading to new versions or patches so is better to delete everything from a list and let the frags do the hard work than rebuilding the feckers when v9.0.4 hits the shelves.

Bikster

Comment

I think you mentioned some time ago that adding comments into the list layout means it gets picked up in a DS and i'd have to say i've not seen an issue since doing that myself.

What is a problem with 8 and 9 is that list layouts are not flagged up as changed in the library as the layouts are. This is a mistake as they should also be covered by these flags. Given the positive changes that occurred in this area for V9, I think this was a bad oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                ...list layouts are not flagged up as changed in the library as the layouts are...
                Which IMO is the exactly the reason why they are not maintained during upgrading.

Comment

List are a strange beast in the library and really do need the same handling options as per the layouts.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                  X