Importing Heirarchical file from Excel 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Heirarchical file from Excel 2007

A million apologies if this has been dealt with before - I've had a trawl through the forum and not seen a solution, so here goes.....

Excel 2007 seems to save the .csv Hieracrchical file in a manner that Actinic cannot interpret. Previous versions of Excel work just fine, but I have upgraded and I am now having problems (serves me right I suppose).

Anyone know how to sort this out?

Thanks a million.
    Chris McEwan
    A Little Gift
    www.alittlegift.co.uk

What errors do you get on importing?

Open the csv in Notepad and then post the first 20 or so lines so we can see you have.

Comment

Have you tried to save them in 2003 or 2000 excel format, should be an option on office 2007
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
        Have you tried to save them in 2003 or 2000 excel format, should be an option on office 2007
        Hi Chris - you would think so, wouldn't you - it's just I cant seem to find it?
        Chris McEwan
        A Little Gift
        www.alittlegift.co.uk

Comment

The csv save format should be the same whatever version of Excel you use. Answer my questions earlier and I may be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
            The csv save format should be the same whatever version of Excel you use. Answer my questions earlier and I may be able to help.
            The catalog file after being saved in .csv format by Excel 2007 looks like this.

Header:ContentCategories,Name,Content Level,Sequence,Default,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
            Header:Section,Section name,Section Description,Section Image,Section Meta Description,Section Meta Keywords,Section Included in Search,Section Hidden on Web Site,Page Name,IsDeleted,Section Use Parent Settings,Section Single Add To Cart Button,Section Quantity Placement,Exclude From Google Product Search Data Feed,Page Title,Include to Site Map,Content Category,StandardLayout,ExtendedInfoPageDesign,ExtInfoWindowWidth,ExtInfoWindowHeight,ProductLayout,ProductList,SingleAddToCartButton,SubSectionListTop,MainArea,SectionLink,ProductImageLayout,PriceLayout,AttributeLayout,AttributeList,ComponentLayout,ComponentList,FragmentLayout,FragmentImage,SubSectionListBottom,SectionLinkColumnCount,ProductColumnCount,SectionLinkFirstRowColumnCount,ExtendedInformationLinks,ExtendedInformationType,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
            Header:Product,Product Reference,Short Description,Full Description,Report Description,Price,Image Filename,Can be Ordered Online,Max Quantity Orderable,Min Quantity Orderable,Date Prompt Text,Other Info Prompt,Detail URL or File,Detail Link Text,Hide on Web Site,Shipping Data,Price Text,Button Text,Use External Data,Stock Checks Enabled,Stock in Hand,Stock Warning Level,Stock Suspend Level,Pricing Model,Ship Separately,IsDeleted,No Order Line For Main Product,Date Prompt Minimum Year,Date Prompt Maximum Year,Generate Popup Page,Extended Info Text,Extended Info Image,Display By Image,Display By Link,Display By Button,Extended Info Page Name,Extended Info Link Text,Digital Download File Name,Auto Ship,Product Group ID,Product Type,Original Product Reference,Product Duplicate Index,Fragment Layout,Linked Item ID,Link Type,Is Linked,Fragment Title,Fragment Text,Fragment Image File Name,Image Clickable,Link Text,Exclude From Google Product Search Data Feed,Thumbnail,nContentCategory,Include in BestSellers List,Include in New Products List,Include in Also Bought Lists,Exclude From Shipping,Shipping Supplement Applied Once,Shipping Supplement,Handling Supplement Applied Once,Handling Supplement,Alternative Weight,Shipping Category,Shipping Quantity,Cost Price,ExtendedInfoPageDesign,ExtInfoWindowWidth,ExtInfoWindowHeight,ProductLayout,ProductImageLayout,PriceLayout,AttributeList,ComponentList,ProductPriceDescription,ExtendedInformationLinks,AttributeColumnCount,ExtendedInformationType,PushButtonGrid,NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid,YourPricePrefix,RetailPricePrefix,MOTOProductLayout,OnlinePriceLayout,DefaultProductImage6,DefaultProductImage5,DefaultProductImage4,DefaultProductImage3,DefaultProductImage2,ExtMeta
            Header:BrochurePage,Name,Page Title,Page File Name,Page Type,Button Icon,Alternate Icon,Meta Keywords,Meta Description,Is Home Page,Hide on Web Site,IsDeleted,nContentCategory,BrochureLayout,BrochureFragmentList,FragmentLayout,BrochureInnerLayout,FragmentColumnCount,BrochureNavBar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Seems to be putting commas to seperate empty cells where Excel 2000 doesn't. Most odd.
            Chris McEwan
            A Little Gift
            www.alittlegift.co.uk

Comment

It should still import with the commas.
              What errors are you getting?
              Is it bombing out before the mapping?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                It should still import with the commas.
                What errors are you getting?
                Is it bombing out before the mapping?
                Hi Duncan - Its give me the error "no fields were found in the first line" and then its just aborting the import.
                Chris McEwan
                A Little Gift
                www.alittlegift.co.uk

Comment

Just out of intrest, anybody had any joy importing from Excel 2007? Or is it just me?
                  Chris McEwan
                  A Little Gift
                  www.alittlegift.co.uk

Comment

If you are not using Categories then try just deleting the first line of the csv file.

Comment

Hi Chris,

That is usually an error that means you have the flat file import option checked when you import rather than hierarchical.

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Could you post a couple of lines of data as well - I just tried the sample you gave and got the error of "There is no data in the file", which is correct.

Cheers,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Duncan's solution in this post worked for me...

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...el+2007+import
                          Kenny Fraser
                          http://kennyfraser.com

Comment

Thanks for all of your help folks. I got round the problem by installing an old copy of Excel 2000. I'd forgotten how much better it was than the current monstrosity!
                            Chris McEwan
                            A Little Gift
                            www.alittlegift.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X