Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product prices within a section on actinic v9.0.1

Morning all,

I am new to actinic and have been told how great this community is!

I am trying to place prices on products within a section so rather than clicking into each product to get a price i would like to display them at the section stage too so that customers can review and compare prices amongst the different products.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Lee

THIS THREAD should help
    A forum search using keywords like Price and Section should give a few other relevent results too, if you have problems
    Tracey

Comment

I am sure it is in the advanced User guide because I have done it!
      Jenny
      Hanson Web Design
      www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

I imagined that part! it's in the library under layouts.
        Jenny
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

You was right first time, it's in the AUG. It's probably in your design library as you added it from the AUG. The complete code and how to create the new layout is all documented in there.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            It's probably in your design library as you added it from the AUG.
            Wouldn't a central user library be fantastic for such things.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

That's a great idea actually, we could setup an actinic store with 20-30 layouts for each area and have them as a design snapshot (no comments please ) to download and install. Get to it that man!

Comment

It's a great idea, so the advanced user guide could have an advanced user features example snapshot.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The most used features/layouts could get added to the standard library options then, kind of a voting system showing you what people want. It would still need to be cracked though with regards to looking at layout code and making it legible outside of actinic in an easy manner within the layout library itself.

Comment

And welcome to the forum Lee
                    The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Even if the multisite version had a user defined library that could be accessed from any open site - it would save heartache with the design snapshots - notepad is the only reliable way to transfer layouts with any confidence. Taking things further updating the code in the central repository could filter down the others (akin to a DW template) .. switchable of course.

Bikster

Comment

Certainly an interesting idea worth some thought. I guess the main counter to the argument is that if something is considered to be of that much use, why not in as standard.

There are so many standard actinic layouts not used, i'd also like to see a way to either hide or delete them, so you can rationalise groups and layouts in the design library. Much the same as we can limit layouts to a selector, it'd be nice to do a permanent removal IMO.

Comment

I have a similar idea floating around with Ben at the moment - perhaps you two would like to add your votes, as upload/downloads is very easy with the software I developed with a small community - though Ben will hopefully know what I mean if he stumbles across this first

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                            if something is considered to be of that much use, why not in as standard.
                            Developers will code their own particular snippets which are re-used or offered as plug-ins to new sites - I have an expanding email a friend layout for example which is used across several sites - similarly designers will code say a neat best sellers layout that they want to re-use.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
                              I have a similar idea floating around with Ben at the moment - perhaps you two would like to add your votes, as upload/downloads is very easy with the software I developed with a small community - though Ben will hopefully know what I mean if he stumbles across this first
                              Are you thinking some thing like Firefox plug-ins / Apple store where you can download layouts?

As Lee says - set up a central website where developers can upload layouts for downloading at a nominal fee with a commission going to developers for each download. Sir Norman would be a Billionaire by Christmas.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                              X