Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Images for different attribute choices

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to make different images appear as a customer selects different choices from the list of attributes for a product?

I know drillpine produced an add-in, but they told me it doesn't work with v8, and might not work with the next revision of 9 either!

I have tried to search for this but surprisingly couldn't find anything on it, apologies if I missed something.

Cheers,
    B.

Normans is the only off the shelf solution I have seen for integrating straight into Actinic. Other javascript codes are available for free on the internet for changing parts of the page (image for example) depending on the choice selected - just a matter of integratng with Actinic.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Cheers Jont,

I'll get on and have a search around to see what I can find out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Just_The_B View Post
        Cheers Jont,

I'll get on and have a search around to see what I can find out there!
        The problem you are referring to is discussed in the thread 'New variable appearing twice on choices' and I understand the new version of V9 (V9.0.4) will include a cure to the problem.

The problem will happen with any implementation that uses custom variables so it is not unique to Normans implementation. I implemented a number of graphics effects into a plug-in using javascripts available under the jquery library and have exactly the same problem. The plug-in is usable but only if you are happy to handle the problems yourself, it occurs in both V8.5.3 and V9.0.3.

Search the internet for jquery and then have a look in the applications area. For a working example in Actinic follow the links on the examples tab of this page http://www.toddesigns.co.uk/acatalog...ic_plugin.html

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

The other issues are with the embedded PHP (not just Norms stuff) which can lead to Actinic failing to upload and backup - as with anything that is non standard ensure you take a full working backup before you start playing around as Actinic is particularly fragile so test anything before going live.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Many thanks for all the help, I will look and see what works, but not being particularly experienced with Actinic, I may wait until there is a stable plugin to try and use.

Thanks again all.

Comment

Working...
            X