Include Fragments in the Site Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Include Fragments in the Site Map

Currently my site map page shows all the sections and sub-sections on my site.

Is it also possible to include fragments in the site map?

I would need the fragment title and the fragment link.

A sitemap only includes pages - fragments as part of pages are not included.
    The search facility can search fragment text - why do think you'd like to include fragments?

Comment

If you deem your fragments important enough to be in the sitemap then why not put it on it's own brochure page.

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
        The search facility can search fragment text - why do think you'd like to include fragments?
        Our site currently has fragments which link to other sections on our site. We didn't want two have two indentical sections so we just use fragments to link to other sections. It would therefore be good to include these links in the site map.

Is it possible to get a frgment list or could I create a new fragment layout?

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
          If you deem your fragments important enough to be in the sitemap then why not put it on it's own brochure page.
          Changing the layout is going to make no difference.

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Edit the sitemap page in Actinic and manually include your additional links perhaps.

Comment

ma111,

The sections will already be in the sitemap though and in a higher tier. I see little benefit of having them repeated.

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

The sections will already be in the sitemap though and in a higher tier. I see little benefit of having them repeated.
                If you look at my site map page at the moment, you can see travel only has one section (This is because the original sections are under different sections):

http://shop.packyourbags.com/acatalog/sitemap.html

But if you go to the travel section you can see there is alot more links to sections. These are fragments.

http://shop.packyourbags.com/acatalog/Travel.html

So it would be really good to be able to include fragments in my site map if possible. Also on other pages, I am thinking about building menus which include both sections and fragments.

Edit the sitemap page in Actinic and manually include your additional links perhaps.
                I could build it manually but I would rather not as it would give me hundreds of links/titles to maintain.

Comment

Use sections not fragments, looks to me like you are using actinic in the wrong fashion. Sections get added to the sitemap, fragments do not.

Comment

Take the "Travel Radios" section, for instance, one of your fragments, it's already in the site map as subsection of "Accessories & Electrical".

If you don't want to manually edit the site map and then you could replace your fragments with new sections and populate them with duplicate products?

Army Gore-tex
                    Winter Climbing Mitts
                    Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

If you don't want to manually edit the site map and then you could replace your fragments with new sections and populate them with duplicate products?
                      But if I use sections with duplicates instead then this creates the same page many times. For example if I have one sub-section which I want in 5 other sections on my site, I don't want to have to create the section 5 times. I would rather have one section and link to it from the other 5 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by ma111 View Post
                        But if I use sections with duplicates instead then this creates the same page many times. For example if I have one sub-section which I want in 5 other sections on my site, I don't want to have to create the section 5 times. I would rather have one section and link to it from the other 5 pages.
                        If you only want one Section, then why add it to the sitemap 5 times? With all due respect we've given you 3 options:
                        1. Don't bother
                        2. Manually add them to the sitemap
                        3. Change the fragments to sections

Yet you don't think any of them will do, if you solve your problem without using one of the 3 please post it here.

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

There's a 4th option to have all duplicates linking back to the one master page. You could even have a 5th option of using a cut down product layout and extended info pages.

Suffice to say if you want it in the sitemap, set it up as a section. I'm not understanding the desire to create a fragment, but not a section, isn't it about the same amount of work?

Comment

Working...
                          X