Adjusting Extended Info Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting Extended Info Pages

I would like to add some html to the Extended Info Page. How do I get into that layout page to adjust it? Can't seem to find it anywhere
    Nick
    www.skyelight.co.uk

Design - Library - Layouts - Extended Info Layout
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

found it but that doesn't let me adjust any of the content. How do I get into the actual content to adjust it?
      Nick
      www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

The simplest is to write any code directly into the Extended Informatiopn Text box in side !!< and >!!.

Eg:
        !!< html here... >!!

Comment

Sorry - I'm obviously not making myself clear. I know what to do when I get into the sheet - I need to know how to get in to the sheet to do it in the first place
          Nick
          www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Sheet? are you making a bed? Is the sheet the layout? DESIGN | LIBRARY | EXTENDED INFO LAYOUT if so. If not, then explain a bit better.

Comment

I'm sorry I'm not as 'savvy' as you with all the terminology - if I was I probably wouldn't be asking for help!
              Nick
              www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

You don't need to be 'savvy', but you do need to be understandable, that's all, there's at least 2 of us who don't understand you. Apart from Stylesheet ie CSS, the word sheet means absolutely nothing in actinic terms, so one is trying to ascertain what on earth you are on about.

If sheet was your version of layout, then it'd be the first time it's ever been used, hence the confusion. Template, layout, design, look etc. are the usual suspects in this situation.

Comment

Sorry my error - I thought this was a forum to help people who were new at this and were trying to work it out and get their heads round it. It's frustrating enough trying to figure out how to do things without people trying to be sarcastic!

All I am trying to ascertain is how I get into the Extended Info Page to make adjustments to it. Now, I don't know how to make that any clearer? If you look down the thread you will see that I have been told where to find it - I know where to find it , I need to get into it to make the adjustment to the code. I've also been told where to put any new code - I know where to put the code when I get into the 'layout' I just need to know how to get into the layout as per my first part of the thread.

I want to be able to get on my screen the Layout Code for the Extended Info Layout in order that I can put some new code into it.
                  Nick
                  www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Lee mentioned it here:

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                    DESIGN | LIBRARY | ENTENDED INFO LAYOUT

Army Gore-tex
                    Winter Climbing Mitts
                    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

If Duncan's advice or the menu you need to take that I provided does not answer your sheet problem, then clearly you do need to find a way to make things clearer. You've been directed to the layout for the page in the design library (CAPITAL TEXT in post #6) and told where you can add your text via the content tree, there are no other options, whatever it is that you are trying to do. Take a chill pill and relax, you'll learn more.

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                        Lee mentioned it here:
                        Glad it's not me going mad.

Comment

I don't want to add text - I want to add some code. Going into Design / Library / Extended Info Layout does not get me to a point where I can do that.
                          Thanks for all your help anyway and for the 'advice'
                          Nick
                          www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nikwak View Post
                            I don't want to add text - I want to add some code. Going into Design / Library / Extended Info Layout does not get me to a point where I can do that.
                            Thanks for all your help anyway and for the 'advice'
                            Then you need to look again... There are about 7 layouts in there that you can butcher until your heart is content

Army Gore-tex
                            Winter Climbing Mitts
                            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

You're very welcome Nick, now if you read it again and follow the advice, you will in fact find your solution. If the design library is confusing you, then 'preview' your current extended info page and then select the design tab, you will see the same code as you do in the design library, but it might not confuse you so much.

PS - I thought you didn't like 'sarcasm'?

Comment

Working...
                              X