Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Number - Missing 'O' Intermittently

Okay, I swear I'm not going daft (yet).

Every once in a while, for the past month or so, the e-mail received in our Inbox (eg) 'Order Number: GG54SX9000213' - occasionally this is being received as 'rder Number: GG54SX9000213' - note the missing 'O'

This doesn't happen with every order e-mail (I've checked the mail server, it isn't just a problem with the office PC's).

There is nothing special about these orders - no bizarre characters in the address fields or anything, so I'm 100% confused.

Check it out, screen grab of the Orange webmail screen (this is exactly how it appears in Outlook, too):

Any ideas? I've tried searching for The Missing O but then I remind myself how crazy it sounds...

Thanks
    Last edited by grantglendinnin; 07-May-2009, 01:50 PM. Reason: Notices this was my 1000th post, which makes me look even crazier!

I think i've found them http://www.cheerios.co.uk/brands/cheerios.aspx
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

No, no, they're here

Comment

I did search for The Missing O and it appears they are largely obsolete.

http://adrianwarnock.com/2009/04/missing-o.html

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Haha...good suggestions but unfortunately Actinic doesn't believe in faith. Or Polo's. Or Cheerios.

The issue doesn't cause too much concern and doesn't warrant calling up support - yet.

The R's better not disappear, imagine trying to call support to complain because my ooh's and rrrr's have disappeared

Comment

Still happening in 9.0.4, still as random as ever...

Comment

There are some suggestions around that AVG can do this. Uninstalling / reinstalling might fix it.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                There are some suggestions around that AVG can do this. Uninstalling / reinstalling might fix it.

Mike
                The machine Actinic is installed on has Norton Internet Suite installed, the screen shot I took in the OP is from Orange webmail - so AVG shouldn't be effecting it at all.

We haven't changed our AV in a long time (way before this issue crept up) - I'm simply baffled.

Comment

Configure your orders to also go to another copy email address on another mail server/hosting and see over a while if the 'O' is lost on both addresses or just the one.

Comment

Working...
                  X