Problem viewing search results - Error 404 Object Not Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem viewing search results - Error 404 Object Not Found

Whenever a search is made on our site, upon clicking a search result the following error is returned:

----------------------------

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 404

----------------------------

This never used to happen until today. Our site URL is: http://tinyurl.com/ooze6a. For example try searching for "gold bracelet" at the top. When you click on one of the results it tries to link to:

/acatalog/pop_<Actinic:S_PRODREF/>.html

... rather than the actual "value" for PRODREF. I'm using v9. Any suggestions?

Matt

Worked fine for me. Has fixing your othe rproblem fixed this as well?

Comment

It doesn't work. I've just tried it again. I'm not sure what's going on here...

Comment

Yes, you 're right - I didn't click through.

Have you tried resetting the search results layout?

Comment

Right, I've sorted it now.

In my desperation at trying to fix the errors outlined at the weekend one of the things I resorted to was to reset the Perl scripts to their original states - one of which was SearchScript.pl. I had forgotten that I had actually modified it a few months back to aid with linking search results directly to Extended Information pages, as in the post below:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=164770

So after modifying the script again, as Norman pointed out, it can now deal with <Actinic:S_PRODREF/> correctly and substitute it with its correct value (i.e. the product reference number) in the hyperlinks at the search results page.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X