Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add to cart button text help

Hi, thanks in advance if you can help!

I would like to have two add to cart buttons each with different text.
    The main add to cart button use 'add to basket' as set up in
    site options/general/produc/text for cart button

The second button we would liketo say ' bulk buy add to cart' or something similer

We have two products listed on a page as you can buy one of an item or buy it by the case.

You can see what we have so far
    www dot treasureislandsweets dot co dot uk/acatalog/Big_Bang_Sour.html

Kind Regards
    Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

The dirtiest method will probably be to copy paste the whole of the add to cart button layout into your bulk buy product layout. Remove the standard add to cart button. This will in effect be doing the exact same thing as in the main layout, it's just that you are adding the code in, rather than the layout doing it for you. You can then adjust the 'value' that shows on the add to cart button (within the code itself) and leave the standard option in site options functioning as normal.

A better way is to duplicate the setup of the current add to cart button in the design library, making the necessary changes and adding that layout to your extra product layout instead, but you need to understand what you are doing to do that properly.

Comment

indeed i do, been a while so wil let you know how it goes.
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Otherwise create a CV scoped to product and then use it in a block to change the add to cart button text in the layout. You can then change the CV value to enable/disable the text.

Comment

the custom variable sounds like a good way to do it but im not to hot on block ifs, having read the block ifs help guide i was still no wiser.
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

all done!
            thanks lee used your method
            took a bit of reading/playing but all works
            wes
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
            X