Basic component price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic component price

Hi there. I've looked through the forum and seen a bit talked about this, but have not found the answer to my query.

Basically I have a lot of products where there are optional extras. For example, on hand mowers the grass collection box is usually optional.

These are straightforward components and there are no size issues, so I do not need to generate grids or permutations.

My question is, how do I get the price of the component to display automatically including VAT (at current rate), without hard-inputting the price into the "Customer Message" field within the component ? Obviously as the prices are hard-inputted into that field they are all wrong due to the vat change. Thats ok at the moment as the actual price is slightly lower, but new ones I have added since december will be wrong later when VAT goes up again.

I have tried to amend the standard-component layout but cannot see a field revelant to the price to include in the layout.

I think this should be easy but alas it does not seem to be.
    Any ideas ?

It's not a standard option, you need to do it using php.

Comment

OK thanks so can anyone tell me how to do it using PHP ?

Comment

Component check boxes

Hi,

I have a website whose products have additional check boxes, I have paid someone to do what you have asked. They charged me about £100, as it would've taken me hours to do.

All of my components are related to a hidden product (for actinic to sage link reasons). Now if I want to change all the prices in the components I just change the price in the hidden product and that automatically does this and even shows in the text for the component.

So, what i do is just upload a csv file with all prices on and it changes all the hidden product prices for me - great! It was a huge issue for me changing these manually, which i had to do each time a supplier increase prices ect.

I am now going a step further with it,,
        The product price will be updated everytime a checkbox is clicked, so the customer will not have to wait for the checkout to see the total price of what he has ticked as the Product Price will dynamically update everytime the box is ticked. Drillpine or molend have a dynamic pricing tool but I dont think it could do this.

Hope this smakes sense.
        bathroom suites

Comment

Thanks for that - can you put me in touch with the people that fixed it for £100 ?

(unless someone else wants to quote me).

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X