Want more than 1 entry in my funnel - GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want more than 1 entry in my funnel - GA

When I used V8, Eileens extremely useful stickly went through step by step how to code Analytics to track all the stages of checkout-receipt using receipt.html as the goal and funnels as below:-
    Step1 url: /Checkout Page 0.html = Select Invoice location
    Step2 url: /Checkout Page 1.html = Invoice Address
    Step3 url: /Checkout Page 2.html = Select Payment Method
    Step4 url: /PSP Bounce Page.html = go to PSP
    This also involved some urchinTracker code that gave each step of the checkout process a unique page name.
    Using V9, I have stripped all of Eileens code out of the templates and use the utility within actnic and the help guide to code a receipt.html goal with just one step in the funnel (Basket).
    So, any ideas how I might extend my funnel in GA to trace users progress through all of the checkout process as I used to be able to do in V8? Can I continue to use the urchin.Tracker command or is there something more trendy or is it built in?
    Thanks in advance

i dont know the answer to the question, but i want to congratulate you on the thread title.

Comment

I don't know the answer to your question but there's got to be a lot of room for manoeuvre in the name of your post.

Comment

This is a serious reply, but I am laughing as I write it as your thread title is hilarious!

V9 has inbuilt analytics, look in the marketing tab and enable it there, I got the funnel working fine, but I had to uncheck the box that said shopping cart was a required step, because on my website I have a link to "checkout now" hence it would bypass the step and Analytics wouldn't record it.

Once I did that my funnel worked ok. I added in the new GA code from the analytics site as the one I had here was slightly different.
        Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Thanks all and hooray, my funnel is now full (ha ha).
          My funnel reads:-
          Step 1 - /cgi-bin/ca000001.pl - Basket
          Step 2 - /Checkout Page 1.html - Invoice Address
          Step 3 - /Checkout Page 2.html - Select Payment Method
          Step 4 - /Bounce Page.html - go to PSP
          Note, i obviously do not use Checkout3 page.

Comment

Working...
          X