V9.0.4 upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9.0.4 upgrading

Anyone upgraded a live site yet and any problems.

I have made some changes to OrderScript.pl will I need to redo those or will the file be unchnaged (going from 9.0.2)?

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

You will have to redo the changes to your scripts. A message will tell you this when you upgrade and also the location of a log file detailing the script differences.

Comment

yes your have to put any script mods in for every release, its a pain really as some script mods could be included in the current live scripts.

a live site is here http://www.flosnails.co.uk/ and a test site here http://www.kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/test/

upgrades screwed my brochure layout but this has happened before and is an easy fix. Keeps telling me the brochure layout is an external design, why it changes it i never know

im just testing it, the orders from the 9.0.3 imported fine, and i can also update the 3rd man results in the test site after importing the orders then asking it to update these results

Comment

Hmmmmm

Website Refresh is stalling at "Checking HTML pages 615/615". I have to cancel out of it. I've tried to twice already, exactly the same thing happens.

Just happened on a "Publish" too, although it "Published" earlier without issue.

I'll keep you up to date...

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Okay, I compacted the databases and "Publish to Web" just completed.

I'm running a "Refresh" now...

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

A couple more done this evening

http://www.rawair.co.uk/index.html
            http://www.kitesrus.co.uk/index.html

an third underway, and more to do

Comment

If using SagePay (Protx), I had to reset the PSP settings so have them handy when upgrading.

Comment

My site is now upgraded and live. I'm using SPP and therefore have two sub- sections with the same name as one contains the original product and the other a duplicate and 9.04 objects to this. I had to rename one of the sub-sections to get rid of the error message.
                www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

Comment

Nicky - What version did you upgrade from?

Comment

On the duplicate product, use the 'link' tab to link it back to the one single original page. No need for duplicate pages then.

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
                      If using SagePay (Protx), I had to reset the PSP settings so have them handy when upgrading.
                      I reported this in the initial Beta of 9.0.4 and was then informed it had been fixed for the Public Beta

Comment

Lee,
                        I don't understand your comment on linking from duplicate back to original. The links tab is greyed out on the duplicate product. Also if you have a created duplicates in SPP you already have a duplicate page??
                        Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
                        Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

The settings menu enables you to set what can and can't be changed on duplicates, the linking just needs enabling. For a duplicate, you'd not create a section for each, just the product, make it look like the section link layout and use the link tab to link it to the original section. There are far more glamorous ways of doing things automatically, but this enables it to be done easily and without the need to purchase an addon or plugin or have to do some custom work yourself.

Comment

In other words you place the duplicates (usually simplified/cut down versions) in parent section(s) on the site as appropriate and when clicked on you go to the SPP for the original product.

Comment

That's excellent. Will save a lot of additional re-work.

Thanks
                              Last edited by animal dreams; 29-May-2009, 07:36 AM. Reason: correction
                              Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
                              Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Working...
                              X