CGI ID number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI ID number

I'm trying to follow instructions in the knowledge base which I hope will allow me to create a link from one of my web site pages outside acatalog and will put the product straight into the shopping cart. The instructions are here:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44791

The instructions seem pretty straight-forward but I don't understand how to find my CGI Id number:

"ss00000x.pl is the name of your search script with the 'x' replaced with your CGI ID number"

can one of you knowledgeable souls help please

thanks

Jane
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 02:17 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Look in your Network Settings in Actinic (Web >> Network Setup...). Near the bottom left, you'll see "CGI Sript ID Number". It's usually "1".

To add a product to the cart from anywhere on the internet you need this KB article:
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44791
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 02:13 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
    ActiveStock
    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

gosh, so simple, thanks a lot
      Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

well that worked but all it did was take me to the product page, not really what i wanted and there are easier ways to do that anyway!

What i want to do is put a product in the shopping cart - I'm sure I saw that as being possible but I can't find it - can anyone point me in the right direction for that

thanks

Jane
        Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

That article is claiming to do just that, are you sure you have done it right and the product hasn't in fact been added? Think the details are in the AUG too.

Comment

well I think I've done it right. This is what I produced:

http://www.healthandgoodness.com/cgi....com/acatalog/

I used the ACTINIC_REFERRER bit because I wnat to use the link on pages that are outside the acatalog folder.

The CGI bing number is 1

and the product code is 4509

I've tried adding it as a link through Dreamweaver and pasting the URL straight into Internet Explorer - they both just go to the product page.

Jane
            Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Originally posted by rmorrow View Post
              To add a product to the cart from anywhere on the internet you need this KB article:
              http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45497
              I was trying to point you to this KB article as I noticed the one you referred to was not what you were looking for.....
              Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 02:15 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
              ActiveStock
              On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
              **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
              Free 30 Day Trial
              ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

thanks a lot, but now another question:

"The SID parameter should be the section ID of the section where the product can be found. You can figure out the exact SID by inserting the 'SectionID' variable somewhere in your store pages and see what it becomes in the previewed page."

Does this mean that each section has its own ID? Each of my products is in its own section.

Do i insert the variable (using the insert a variable from library) in design view into "Section Page with section name at top" - if so is that all i do? or do I have to add other code around it.

Sorry I'm not knowledgeable at all about Actinic's layout code..

Jane
                Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

You can find out a section's ID, by adding the variable "sectionID" into your section link layout, then apply it, note the number that shows on screen and then remove it from the layout. Each section has its own unique ID, you should see a number added to each section link layout if you do it correctly.

Comment

thanks for all the help with this. We've added the Section ID discreetly at the bottom of the section layout template so I acn just check it whenever I need it.

Jane
                    Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Working...
                    X