Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfering Orders to Backup Site - Need Help

Hi,

This morning ive been having some problems and now i need to revert to a backup of my site from a couple of weeks ago.

Is there any way of transfering my orders (Pending & Completed) from my current site to my backed up site. I dont want to loose track of my customers and orders but changing to the backed up site is necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Cheap Printers

Printer Toner
    Printer Ink
    Ink Cartridges

Take a copy of the ActinicCatalog.mdb database from your current Site folder. Once you have imported the old snapshot into your new installation, replace the .mdb file with the one you copied.

The reference to snapshot above is because I assume this is what you mean by a back up site. If not, then the same principle applies. Replace the .mdb file in the back up site folder with the copy.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks

just managed to stumble across this file after i posted.
      If i replace the whole file will it also transfer data from all of the sections etc?
      Cheap Printers

Printer Toner
      Printer Ink
      Ink Cartridges

Comment

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by replacing the data from all the sections.

Replacing the .mdb file will give you your site order data at the point where it was last changed, as well as customer details, PSP details, products, prices etc.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

You can use file / import orders to do this -

1: take a snapshot of your current site
          2: copy your ActinicCatalog.mdb to a safe place
          3: import the old snapshot
          4: open catalog
          5: run file / import order and select the database saved in 2

You should be sorted. It will import orders and customer account data (if you tick the box asking it to) but leave the rest of your catalog alone.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks

Only just checked back on here but managed to sort it now.

i edited the ActinicCatalog.mdb files from the old and new sites and copy/pasted the data from what appeared to be associated with the orders.

Seems to have worked now, although it looks like Jan's fix would have been alot faster.

Thanks
            Cheap Printers

Printer Toner
            Printer Ink
            Ink Cartridges

Comment

There are 8 or 9 tables that contain order data, did you find them all? If not, it might be worth using import orders anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Think i got them all:

Also Bought
                Landlord...
                Order
                Order Detail
                Order History
                Order Mail
                Payment History
                Payment Methods
                Person

Will prob do the import too.